RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 04-30-2020, 09:04 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob414 View Post
My 2 cents, Try a complete power down/shutdown/uninstall, reinstall app, and re-installing one sensor at a time.

Bob
Happy to, but I should mention that I also have their wireless remote, and it displays (roughly) the same values as the phone app. I say roughly because the remote's detail level is similar to that of the water tank display - empty/25/50/75/full. So the tank that is displaying 3% shows empty on the remote display, and the tank that shows 100% shows full.

So it seems unlikely that it's a phone app problem. Also, as I explained upthread, both sensors read correctly on the tank on my driver's side, and both sensors read 3% on the passenger side tank.

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 09:16 PM   #42

Ok hereís my experience with the sensors. #1- make sure you use the spacers they give you or purchase the ring. And remember to remove the aluminum spacers when you go to refill cause when tanks start getting handled, they just fall off. #2- make sure you have dielectric grease on the sensor. #3- you have to let the tanks sit before you get an ďaccurateĒ reading. When I first got mine I was ready to send them back cause couldnít get a reading. Went back the next day and all was fine. I read that the tanks need to sit for 30 minutes after moving around.

Also, I recommend closing the app and reopening when you want to check them vs letting app run in background. If itís running, itís requesting a signal from the sensors every 10 seconds. That will kill the batteries in them quickly.

Yes itís a toy but now I have a quick way to know how much I have before a trip vs whoops I thought that tank was full.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 11:03 PM   #43

I had to pull the battery on one of mine and re-add it back in. The issue was it was not updating but it was connecting. Not sure if that is your problem but it was mine.

Hope that helps!
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:50 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
As I said above, it is something my wife stresses about. Telling her it is not a problem doesn't help. Showing her that it has never been a problem hasn't helped. Giving her a tool where she can easily see for herself *has* helped.

I really don't understand the need to come into a thread about a propane monitor to respond to a question posted about a propane monitor, just to say that I don't need the monitor that I already own. Why???

Sorry Qwkynuf...I didn't mean anything personal by my response and what works for you is great. I can assure you I'm not a member on this forum that thinks if your not doing it my way your doing it wrong type of mentality
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Ejs4029 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane