RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-26-2017, 11:25 AM   #1

Replace burnt out tail light bulb

I have a burnt out tail light on my Rockwood 1640.

Does anyone know the bulb number for this? I'd like to have a replacement bulb with me when I go to install it and save an extra trip.

I haven't found anything online on how to replace the bulb. Is it easy to open up the tail light and replace?

Thanks in advance!
Spaceace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:59 AM   #2

It's an 1157 bulb. I replaced my incandescent bulbs out with LED 1157 bulbs I purchased at Walmart, which are much brighter and effective.
Pottsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:47 PM   #3

I also replaced the tail light bulbs on my A-frame with 1157 LED replacements, bought at Walmart. My goal was to reduce the electrical load from the A-frame when towing and running the fridge on DC. Be forewarned that turn signal flashers don't always work correctly with LEDs because of too little current draw - mine had no problems, and I suspect newer vehicles have no issues.

On my A-frame, the tail light lens is removed by prying the side over a black plastic retaining tab. The clearance lights have bottom slots a small screw driver will fit in to pop the lens out. Very seldom are there screws; it's usually a tab retaining system of some kind. Study before prying.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
light