Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2020, 09:32 AM   #1

replace plumbing fitting

The photo shows the water connections to the outside shower on my Rockwood 2514G popup (2016 model year). In trying to work on the water pump I noticed one of these is apparently cracked, as when I pressured-up the pump a fine spray of water started spraying out the side of the fitting. Can anyone tell me where I could order a replacement fitting? Including, hopefully, the tube clamps on the fitting.
Attached Images

rapidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 09:41 AM   #2
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Hello,
other than going through a RV dealer or parts outlet,
I found all I needed for repairs/modifications at both Ace Hardware or Tractor Supply Co where they sell the agriculture sprayer connections and hoses.

I didn't have the tool for the clamp (although you could use pliers I suppose), I went with the small size screw hose clamps.
good luck!
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 09:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidly View Post
The photo shows the water connections to the outside shower on my Rockwood 2514G popup (2016 model year). In trying to work on the water pump I noticed one of these is apparently cracked, as when I pressured-up the pump a fine spray of water started spraying out the side of the fitting. Can anyone tell me where I could order a replacement fitting? Including, hopefully, the tube clamps on the fitting.
Your photo looks like the hot water connection is very loose - there is way too much thread showing. I believe the screw on connections are garden hose type connections - there is a washer inside to prevent leaks when fitting is tight. You might want to check for the washer(s) when you tighten the fitting.

When I cracked the cover on the outside shower on my A-frame (looks identical to what you have), I called Forest River for replacement. Outside shower came as a complete box (valves, shower head, hose, and box), could not order parts. Cost was $40. Complete box did make installation very easy, simply unscrew the water connections, remove and replace box from outside, screw on the water connections.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:59 PM   #4

Thanks, i should have noted that it was not screwed on tight in the photo as i had removed it to clean up the water that leaked out and then just pressed it back on. It was tight when I observed the spraying though.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:23 PM   #5
Site Team

Here are the fittings you have. PEX Swivel 1/2" x 1/2" Female NPT Elbow

And here's what I'd replace them with. PEX Swivel 1/2" x 1/2" Female NPT Elbow

Old 09-08-2020, 04:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Here are the fittings you have. PEX Swivel 1/2" x 1/2" Female NPT Elbow

And here's what I'd replace them with. PEX Swivel 1/2" x 1/2" Female NPT Elbow

any Lowes/Home Depot will have them
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidly View Post

As others have noted, the fittings are available at most hardware stores.

It would also be a good idea to buy a set of cinch clamps and a crimping tool like this https://www.amazon.com/IWISS-Clamps-...662083&sr=8-18 and forget the gear clamps.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:27 PM   #8

Thanks everyone! Are the cinch clamps that are on there now reusable? Or do they need to be replaced after removal.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:45 PM   #9

No. Unfortunately cinch clamps and pex rings are not reusable, but they are reasonably priced.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 01:17 PM   #10

I would just use the screw type hose clamps since it's on the hose and not a PEX line.......I used them when I put a backflow preventer on my water pump never had an issue with them leaking you can get them at Lowes or Home Depot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hose Clamp.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	238736  
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing