Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2020, 02:11 PM   #1

ROCKWOOD HW277 Slideout OPeration/Order

I wanted to check to see if anyone knows the proper order of pulling and retracting the manual slides for this coach?

I'm concerned about potential damage to the tent or other items if I go in the wrong order. After the first time opening the trailer when we got home from purchase, I noticed rubbing damage on the buttons on the dinette slide where the King bed slide crosses over. The caster wheel is attached to the dinette slide and one would think the dinette would be protected by the wheel gliding the bed over safely.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
tahoedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:32 PM   #2

I have Flagstaff HW27KS ( the sister to the Rockwood H277) The order I open & close mine is :

Setting Up - Raise Roof up, lower stabilizers, pull out the dinette slide out tenting(I like to make sure the tenting is away from the bed slider rails) pull out back bed, pull out front bed, pull out dinette slide (the dinette slide is always last out, first in)

Packing up - push in dinette slide, pull all tenting above the dinette slide outside the camper body, push in back bed, push in front bed, raise stabilizers, lower roof tucking in as we go.

When ever I am pushing in my beds I always like to glance inside to check no tenting/vinyl is in the way. As far as the king bed rubbing on the dinette edge buttons, the wheel should be in a position where it takes the weight off that. It wouldn't surprise me if the wheel has been misaligned, that would be typical of Forest River!!! I had to reposition the other wheel that supports my king bed, so you might have to do the same. I have attached a pic of the dinette slide edge, wheel & underside king bed, it might give you a reference to see if yours is out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200923_141541.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	239823  
Old 09-23-2020, 04:33 PM   #3

.....sorry, it came out sideways!!
Old 09-23-2020, 04:45 PM   #4

Thanks for the advice. Good stuff. I think my castor wheel is close, but may need to raise it a bit.
tahoedreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, slide