Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2022, 08:30 AM   #1

Smile Rockwood Premier 2716g Sink Drainage

Hi,
We have imported our 2017 2716g into Scotland and it’s mostly fantastic as there’s nothing like it on the market here.

The one issue we’re having (other than some of the build quality -mostly rectified) is with the sink not draining.

At first I thought it was a kink or blockage in the flexi hose but now it seems to be more of an ‘air-lock’ issue and the simple solution is to fit an Air Admittance valve under the sink.

So being all funky and Metric in Europe, I wondered whether anyone knew off-hand the size of the plumbing fittings (trap, etc) fitted to the camper ?

I’ll detail my project (and whether it works) here once complete but it *should* be relatively straightforward to add a Tee to the trap with an elbow, upstand and AAV - the issues are combining metric and imperial pipe work !

Thanks for your help

Bob
Awkwardbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:06 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awkwardbob View Post
Hi,
We have imported our 2017 2716g into Scotland and it’s mostly fantastic as there’s nothing like it on the market here.

The one issue we’re having (other than some of the build quality -mostly rectified) is with the sink not draining.

At first I thought it was a kink or blockage in the flexi hose but now it seems to be more of an ‘air-lock’ issue and the simple solution is to fit an Air Admittance valve under the sink.

So being all funky and Metric in Europe, I wondered whether anyone knew off-hand the size of the plumbing fittings (trap, etc) fitted to the camper ?

I’ll detail my project (and whether it works) here once complete but it *should* be relatively straightforward to add a Tee to the trap with an elbow, upstand and AAV - the issues are combining metric and imperial pipe work !

Thanks for your help

Bob
Most folks just put an air tube on the outside wall at the sidewall 1.5 inch screw on fitting attachment point like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	277555

That picture came from a kit I found while searching that is sold on ebay. I don't know if it includes the 1.5 to hose adapter fitting (black thing) but here is that link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/161188741091

I had a similar style camper with that type of connection but I guess I was fortunate that it drained well enough?!

Here is a guy who made a whole video on the subject:

flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:19 AM   #3

Hi,
Thanks for that, something like that should work (and is less invasive) it might also be easier to adapt as we still use imperial tap / hose connections here.

Will have a go and see how it works out.

Cheers

Bob

Ps. I’d seen the video, but it seems overly involved, especially if the shower already has an AAV. -also 1.5 inch is approx 38mm, -we do have 38mm pipe but it might be a squeeze
Awkwardbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:53 AM   #4

If it helps get you started this is the fitting for the 1.5 inch drain to garden hose connector. Perhaps Amazon in Europe has it for faster shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-Blac...ps%2C89&sr=8-2
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, rockwood, sink