Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2019, 09:34 AM   #1

Rockwood Premier plumbing

I just bought a 2006 Rockwood Premier and I love it. I am having one issue though and looking for some advice. When I turn on the water pump, I have water coming out of the bottom of the trailer. It is coming from two, what look like, release valves? They seem to open up the hot and cold water when I pull up on them from inside the trailer but don't fully close when released to stop the water from spraying out? Are these simply something I should replace with new shutoff valves? Picture from inside just behind my fuse box..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	popup.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	210272  
ColinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:44 AM   #2
Site Team

It there are red & blue, they are the low point drains. They need to be closed for normal use. If they have a valve on them close it. If they have a threaded end, there should be a cap that threads into it. They are used to drain/flush the water system for winterizing.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:48 AM   #3

Thanks, that is what I was assuming they were. So most likely these valves are just faulty as they don't seem to want to close. So I should be good to replace with new 'caps' and the system should hold the pressure?
Thanks again for the help!
ColinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 12:11 PM   #4
Dixon's Last Resort

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinP View Post
Thanks, that is what I was assuming they were. So most likely these valves are just faulty as they don't seem to want to close. So I should be good to replace with new 'caps' and the system should hold the pressure?
Thanks again for the help!
Mine actually have a little snap-ring to hold the T-valve down into place.

I discovered a leak when I first brought the unit home and pressurized the system. The dealer I bought it from had replaced the HOT water fitting but not the COLD water? Luckily I found the tiny snap ring laying on the floor. I pushed the T-fitting down to hold in place and re-inserted the snap-ring.

So far....so good.....
cupsz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 02:55 PM   #5
Site Team

Those are probably pull UP valves, NOT twist valves.
My 2007 Rockwood Roo had pull up low point drain valves.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 03:03 PM   #6
Dixon's Last Resort

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Those are probably pull UP valves, NOT twist valves.
My 2007 Rockwood Roo had pull up low point drain valves.
x2!

That's the "T" valve I'm talking about.
cupsz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:20 PM   #7

I wish I had those, I just have caps that I will eventually replace with valves.

My Jaycos were pull up/push down valves. They were pretty hard to pull or push but they worked well. A rotary handle valve is better but I guess it depends on the placement of the valve what you must use.
2024 Black Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude 4WD, 121" WB, 3.6L, 8 speed, Blacked Out Package, 265/50R20 wheels, 6,200# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716G Pop Up, with a 14' box. Go through Indiana Dunes NP 5X/week! Previously had 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH and 2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH Travel Trailers. Also previously had 2007 Starcraft 2406 Pop Up with 12' box and bathroom, Previously had 2005 Rockwood 2290 Pop Up with 12' box and porta potty cabinet.
Mike91 is offline   Reply With Quote