Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2022, 07:45 PM   #21

Gas grills are fine...but I'm a solo camper 99.9% of the time, and my air fryer does most of my single-meal cooking at home, so I am bringing it on my outing later this week to Florida Caverns State Park. It's my 2nd machine, since I killed the first one, so I'm hard pressed to live without it! Between the air fryer and electric griddle, I can keep the gas grill stashed in the garage.

Anybody else tote the air fryer on camping adventures?
Forrest Gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:01 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump View Post
Gas grills are fine...but I'm a solo camper 99.9% of the time, and my air fryer does most of my single-meal cooking at home, so I am bringing it on my outing later this week to Florida Caverns State Park. It's my 2nd machine, since I killed the first one, so I'm hard pressed to live without it! Between the air fryer and electric griddle, I can keep the gas grill stashed in the garage.

Anybody else tote the air fryer on camping adventures?
Many of us dry camp or boondock so a gas grill is very handy and an air fryer or electric griddle are useless.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:29 PM   #23

Does anyone know of a griddle that fits (perfectly) on these grills?
Blackstone-ish, basically.....
aeblank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:53 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
Does anyone know of a griddle that fits (perfectly) on these grills?
Blackstone-ish, basically.....

I haven’t found one, but the flame king griddle fits right into this system where the grill usually goes, and is affordable. Just needs a 90 degree adapter for the low pressure hose from the trailer….$99.95. I haven’t gotten it yet but flame king customer service was quite convincing.
Northwoods Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 09:13 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Bob View Post
I haven’t found one, but the flame king griddle fits right into this system where the grill usually goes, and is affordable. Just needs a 90 degree adapter for the low pressure hose from the trailer….$99.95. I haven’t gotten it yet but flame king customer service was quite convincing.
Are you talking about this?

https://www.amazon.com/Flame-King-Po...58&sr=8-2&th=1

Interesting!
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 03:50 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerdp View Post
Are you talking about this?

https://www.amazon.com/Flame-King-Po...58&sr=8-2&th=1

Interesting!

Yes, along with a 90 degree adapter to connect with rv low pressure line. Flame king and others list that also. Customer service says the stand/wall mount is the same as the one the comes with the grill. They also said the $99 model has the side mounts to accept the shelf tubes. I haven’t ordered it yet, but it seems logical that he was accurately portraying the product.

The limited FR RV brochures currently online show the outside grill feature as a “griddle”, so maybe they made the switch.
Old 05-23-2022, 09:00 PM   #27

That is interesting. Beats Blackstone prices. I'd sure like a custom fit griddle top though, as I still want to grill and don't want to haul both.

I saved that in my "campering" Amazon list though!
aeblank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 09:16 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
That is interesting. Beats Blackstone prices. I'd sure like a custom fit griddle top though, as I still want to grill and don't want to haul both.

I saved that in my "campering" Amazon list though!

Actually, a correctly fitting griddle to place on the grill was my first choice as well. If you are successful in your search, please post here and the A-frame thread as well, as many would be interested. I was sure disappointed to see my Coleman griddle, which fits on the old Coleman stove, not fit.
Old 05-24-2022, 06:16 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Bob View Post
Actually, a correctly fitting griddle to place on the grill was my first choice as well. If you are successful in your search, please post here and the A-frame thread as well, as many would be interested. I was sure disappointed to see my Coleman griddle, which fits on the old Coleman stove, not fit.

We have the Coleman road trip with the optional griddle that covers the entire stove and we have the 1/2 size griddle attachment. These options have worked well in the past. The road-trip is a great stove.
We had to replace the regulator twice and sent a email to Coleman. They replaced the stove with a newer model.
They claim my griddle attachments will work on this newer model.

Tags
grill