Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2016, 03:03 PM   #1

Sink Grey Water Tank

OK...seem to have the furnace problem solved in our 2007 PO Rockwood HW. Now I have another issue. The kitchen sink is not draining. I removed the "p" trap underneath and it is clear. Hmmmm...so double checked that the shower and toilet were both draining properly. They are. I then looked under the trailer to discover that the sink has it's own grey water tank not connected to the one for the shower! Previous owner did not point this out and I did not even know to ask. BTW is this a industry sort of standard? Ok...separate holding tank. Why won't the sink drain? I took the cap off the pipe from the tank and opened the bayonet valve. The tank was full of awful foul smelling fluid, which because of where FR locates the valve ran down my arm. Why do they locate all their sewer caps and valves so far under the trailer? OK...left the valve open and ran water down the sink and it drained. NO PROBLEM....yea...wait one now. Closed the tank valve and ran water in the sink again. Not draining!!! There is a vent pipe under the sink with an open cap on top. This should provide the venting necessary. Ideas please!!! As always thanks in advance.
Mark2cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:04 AM   #2

Asking the Moderator to perhaps move my thread to the Tech Discussion under Plumbing. Would this perhaps get me some input? Thanks
Old 10-15-2016, 09:20 AM   #3

shorten your write up and ask your question and you will get more answers, it a long read to ask about slow draining sink. I think you have a plugged air gap check that all lines are clear and the check valve in the air gap is not stuck closed.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:32 AM   #4

I dont have HW so I would not be much help. Sure you will get some help here. I am sure you will get it figured out
JPBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:47 PM   #5

I have a 2015 hw both FR connected the 2 grey tanks. But sounds to me the air gap thing.
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:04 AM   #6

Ok....just took off the Pro-Vent under the sinks and the sinks drain fine!!! I soaked the vent in warm soapy water, gently blew it dry and put replaced it. BTW access was easy after I removed the outlet on the cabinet front ! Ran water again....no drainage. As I unscrewed the the vent you could hear the suction and as soon as it was off the sinks drained immediately. Will be ordering a new vent today. Thanks to you all for your suggestions!
Old 10-22-2016, 03:40 PM   #7

Good to hear you got it figured out
JPBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey water, sink, tank, water, water tank