Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2020, 07:43 PM   #1

Soft floor

I have a 2008 hw 276 I open up a week ago and noticed the floor was soft in a few places my owners manual says the floor is guaranteed for 25 yrs how do I go about getting this fixed
andell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:04 PM   #2
Site Team

Are you the original owner?
If not, I doubt it will be warrantied.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 05:17 AM   #3

Yes I am the original owner
andell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 01:20 PM   #4

Contact Rockwood or Flagstaff (whoever made it) as well as the maker of the wood product floor (it's a plywood substitute like a specific wafer board). Probably the latter is who provided the warranty. I would keep expectations low - probably the best you are going to see is 4 replacement sheets of the wood product dropped off at your house for you to cut and install. Read what your warranty actually says for details.

Replacing the whole floor is going to be quite difficult - the walls and cabinets are built on top of it. Cutting out soft spots and replacing those areas is more doable - if they are out in the floor area. You will need a second layer of wood overlapping both the replacement and original wood underneath to hold it in place and keep the edges of the replacement from rising up or sinking down - unless the edges sit on the frame. Finally, matching whatever vinyl material they used on top of the "plywood" is going to be difficult, you might be better off getting new material of your choice and replacing all the open area floor covering.

Hope this helps
Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
also 2 previous pop-ups and 1 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
next trip: Black Hills
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor