Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2019, 01:01 PM   #1

Sputtering water pump in 2018 2516g

The internal water pump on our 2018 2516g has worked well and pumped a steady flow to the various faucets in the past. I have changed nothing in our water system. City water has a great flow. When I started to winterize this week, I set up my anti-freeze, closed the necessary valves, made sure the filter on the back of the pump was clean, but the pump started sputtering and spitting as it pumped. I was able to move anti-freeze through all the faucets, but don't understand the poor pump performance. Does anyone have an idea why? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
NoTrumpAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:24 PM   #2

My first thought here is that the siphon hose in the anti-freeze is not fully emersered
in the anti-freeze container and sucking air. Something that I know from first hand experience. Did you make sure that the filter assembly was assembled correctly, may have a "o" ring or gasket that may have moved out of place.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:02 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Checked both the siphon hose was on the bottom of the gallon anti-freeze and that the filter was correctly connected.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:33 PM   #4
Commercial Member

NoTrumpAce,

Thank you for being a part of the Rockwood family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new Rockwood. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Rayna Dimitroff in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...84819593968169.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:10 AM   #5
Trailer Park Supervisor

if the hose going into the jug is not air tight on valve, it could be drawing air in and mixing with antifreeze. I noticed the same thing the other day when my water tank was close to empty (the LED indicated was still showing 1/3 tank). Added water to my FW tank, and all was well.
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:17 AM   #6

Look at the end of the antifreeze hose. If it is flat cut a 45 degree or a v in the end to prevent the hose from being sucked to the bottom of the jug. Been there, done that, got the t shirt.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:32 AM   #7
clr

It may be as simple as the air in the pick up hose that you place in the jug of antifreeze. Unless you fill the hose prior to placing it into the jug, you have a plug of air that gets drawn into the plumbing and must work its way out of the lines during the antifreeze insertion.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:47 PM   #8

Thank you all for responding. I really appreciate this forum for answers to problems I can't figure out.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:06 PM   #9

Some air in the lines. Do you have the faucets 'closed' and then open and then close one at a time to draw up the antifreeze? Really nothing to worry about. You are wanting to displace the water in the lines. Once the water is gone... nothing to freeze and bust the lines. All is fine.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump