Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2017, 02:20 PM   #1

Storage cover

I've been looking around at storage covers for our new pop-up with a/c unit on top and can't find any that say anything about fitting with the a/c unit. Every one I've found, has basic dimensions (height, length, width). What do you all use?
neil0215.ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:50 PM   #2

Don't use one. Trailer is a 2012 model purchased in 2011, and for a few years it was in Moab UT so snow was not a big problem, just sunlight, UV and high temps. In the fall of '14 moved to Idaho, still have sunlight, UV and decent high temps, but also massive amounts of snow and trailer looks good.

There is some delamination to the roof but not cause of the weather, but other than that and a patch where a branch fell on the roof, it looks great. Yes the decals are starting to fade. And it sits in the driveway when not on the road.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:45 PM   #3

We bought an Adco 10'-12' cover (PN 2892) for our Rockwood Freedom 1940LTD (10' box) trailer this past winter. While we do not have an A/C unit on it, we do have a Maxair cover for our fantastic fan. Based on the fit on our trailer, the cover would would easily fit a popup with A/C, providing it is not a high wall trailer.

The cover wintered well and our trailer was in good shape after the winter. We taped cut pool noodles around the lower frame corners as well as the jack pads and bumper ends to protect the cover from tears. Unfortunately, the tape let go on the noodle on one corner and we had a 2" tear, which we fixed with the Adco repair material. Next fall I'll do a better job of covering the sharp corners. For $60, we feel the money was well spent to protect our investment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010002.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	320.6 KB
ID:	142283   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3050.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	142284  
Tiguan Tow r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiguan Tow r View Post
We bought an Adco 10'-12' cover (PN 2892) for our Rockwood Freedom 1940LTD (10' box) trailer this past winter. While we do not have an A/C unit on it, we do have a Maxair cover for our fantastic fan. Based on the fit on our trailer, the cover would would easily fit a popup with A/C, providing it is not a high wall trailer.

The cover wintered well and our trailer was in good shape after the winter. We taped cut pool noodles around the lower frame corners as well as the jack pads and bumper ends to protect the cover from tears. Unfortunately, the tape let go on the noodle on one corner and we had a 2" tear, which we fixed with the Adco repair material. Next fall I'll do a better job of covering the sharp corners. For $60, we feel the money was well spent to protect our investment.
Awesome! Thanks! I'll check those out!
neil0215.ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:02 AM   #5

Here is mine with ac. Not a great picture. I don't normally cover it in the garage lol, it was in there and I put it on to fit the cover after we bought it. Its an ADCO. Had bought another brand off of Amazon and sent it back because I didn't like how it fit. This one fit much better. Ordered it from camping world. The corners have not held up well in the wind, but I didn't put any type of protection on them either. The cover has done well otherwise. I don't use it that often anymore as the camper gets to be stored inside 99% of the time and the rest of the time it is fine uncovered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140126_083135.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	142563  

Nights Camped in 2021-?

2020-8, 2019-27, 2018-12, 2017-29, 2016-33, 2015-22, 2014-22, 2013-20
exploreco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, storage