Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2017, 09:42 PM   #1

Tornado Rotary Tank Rinser on HW27SC

Anyone install a black tank rinse valve on an Flagstaff HW27SC PUP?

I would like to install an Tornado Rotary Tank Rinser on my 2018 HW27SC.

Since no schematics seem to be publicly available I have no idea where the black tank is on this model... I know it is under the toilet and grey for shower is under shower. But where could I access the black tank to install a wash out/rinse sprayer on this model?

I have installed one on an RV with black tank underneath, but above the floor and unseen from underneath has me puzzle.
And solutions or ideas are welcome.
Thanks
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:42 PM   #2

Smile Success with the Tornado

I figured I would reply to myself in case anyone else was looking for the same answer.

After reading other posts of black water tank and grey water tanks on Flagstaff HW27SC (2018) I determined that the 12 Gal of Grey Water is actually 2 Six Gallon tanks interconnected, over to one 1-1/2" T valve. One 6 gal tank is under the floor approx. under sink, the other 6 gal tank is under the floor beneath the shower.

The Black water can't be seen from underneath because it is actually under the raised toilet. I noticed a small approx. 8" x 8" panel screwed on the wall outside the bathroom. Two screws removed and the end of the black water tank is seen along with the electric connections for the blk water sensors. So this is the place to cut the hole for the Tornado and with about 1" hole saw cut straight down for the Tornado permanent hose install. (paraphrased install... follow the instructions for Tornado install).
Then sealed the hole through the floor and replace the panel. Outside and underneath the other end of the hose is mounted in an accessible place so you can connect a grey water rinse hose when ready to rinse the tank after dump.
Another find on the Flagstaff HW27SC black tank waste system. The toilet sits on top of the black tank. The black tank drain is a bottom drain into a 3" black pvc waste pipe and elbow out to the side with the Dump T-Valve. The nice think is that when tank is 3/4 full you have good water volume and a good gravity assisted massive dump that tends to really pull out more sediment and solids than other end draining dumps. With the Tornado your tank should stay free of solids build up.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:37 AM   #3

Not familiar with this campers black or grey water set up, so I am no help. Good to see you got it all figured out. I am sure this will help someone else in the future. Happy Camping!
JPBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:44 AM   #4

rlh1957,what Height is the "Water Input" in regards to "Top of Black Tank"? Youroo!!
Old 07-16-2017, 08:59 AM   #5

The Tornado 1-3/4" hole is 2" below top of tank, the supply hose runs down through the floor over to left side by black water dump valve. The height difference is approx. 12"
Let me know if any other questions.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1957 View Post
The Tornado 1-3/4" hole is 2" below top of tank, the supply hose runs down through the floor over to left side by black water dump valve. The height difference is approx. 12"
Let me know if any other questions.
So where you hook up the "Garden hose" is 12" BELOW the Black Tank? This is not Correct,it should be 12" ABOVE the Top of Black Tank! Youroo!!
Old 07-16-2017, 01:32 PM   #7

You never fill the tank up so it will never flow back and tornado is never under water. The back flow preventer valve will prevent any water back flow.
I understand your comment about it being lower and needing to be higher. I The instructions make no mention of this. Besides that I understand fluid dynamics from working in the field.
As long as one end is above the fluid level now way will you ever suction or siphon... only air.
Hasn't a problem anyway.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #8

I don't think your rational about Black tanks "Never Filling" will fly! The factory install Always involves a "Backflow/Vacuum Breaker" mounted Well Above the Black Tank,that is the valve that Many Members have found installed "Backwards" or stuck,Not allowing water flow! Your install is contrary to Code/Factory install! Youroo!!
Old 07-18-2017, 02:17 PM   #9

Glad you are happy with your installation. I use one of these, and it works great. No installation.
https://smile.amazon.com/Camco-39062...ack+tank+flush
2006 Ram 1500 4WD Crew with Firestone Airbags
Every weekend boondocking in the National Forests or at Lake Vallecito.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:09 PM   #10

Mine works great. Had PUP all level in the yard, carefully filled the black water tank all the way up to the bottom of the toilet flush flap. No leaks, no back flow. Just wanted to verify it was all water tight for rolling down the highway with partial fill in black tank. I never empty mine dry. After dumping and tornado wash till clean, then partially fill and dump again just to be sure... I will put in about 5 or so gallons and drop in the bio-scent packs and away we go. Never had any problems or odors. Everyone has their ideas, procedures and ways that work. If it works stick to it.

Tags
tank