Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2019, 07:14 PM   #1

user manual - 2011 Rockwood Freedom 1940LTD

Hello.

We've just acquired a 2011 Rockwood Freedom 1940ltd tent trailer. Sadly, there is no owner or user manual. We've gone through and gotten the basics on our own but thought I'd see whether anyone has anything for 2011 or thereabouts for a similar unit we could use as a reference guide.

thank you and happy camping from Whitehorse, Yukon
kcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:28 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. You will find the answer to almost any Rv question you may have here. Users Manuals are virtually non existent in TT and 5ers. That being said, the majority of the appliances etc you need to operate are provided by third party OEMs. I suggest you take an hour or so and write down the make , model and serial number of all the appliances in your TT. This info will be invaluable should you need repair or parts. Once you have that info, head on over to the WWW and download the user manuals for the specific items you have. The few generic items you can get most of the needed info here.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Welcome to the forum. You will find the answer to almost any Rv question you may have here. Users Manuals are virtually non existent in TT and 5ers. That being said, the majority of the appliances etc you need to operate are provided by third party OEMs. I suggest you take an hour or so and write down the make , model and serial number of all the appliances in your TT. This info will be invaluable should you need repair or parts. Once you have that info, head on over to the WWW and download the user manuals for the specific items you have. The few generic items you can get most of the needed info here.
I second this. With the make/model you can google it and search for manuals. My used 2016 thankfully had manuals in a bag for me. I still went and searched them online, with the document numbers it was easier but I still found quite a few just by searching make/model. You will find the for a range of models usually. I was able to find matches for all but 2 manuals so I scanned those because they were thankfully a page or two each. I have 26 documents.....

As Flybob said they are for EVERYTHING...
A/C
Thermostat for furnace
Furnace
Water Heater
Water Pump
Refrigerator
Roof Winch
Cooktop
Carbon Monoxide Detector
Smoke Detector
Fantastic Fan
Awning
Cassette Toiliet
Goshen lift system
Drexel Axle
WFCO power Center
Gas Grill
A generic one from Forest River for the camper

So you see its quite and extensive list.
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:06 PM   #4

I'm in the same boat, but my recent acquisition is a 1997 Rockwood Premier 1904. Got a great deal, because it was in rough shape. Replaced the broken cable so it lifts now. It is in need of a faucet fixture, as it came broken off. The water system (not sure it really has one) hasn't been used in 3-5 years. Neither has the gas system (regulator on the tank leaks. Sure could use some ideas on how to find serial numbers (refr, heater, a/c, what else?), manuals and I don't even know what else. Thanks for any help or ideas.
artwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwolf View Post
I'm in the same boat, but my recent acquisition is a 1997 Rockwood Premier 1904. Got a great deal, because it was in rough shape. Replaced the broken cable so it lifts now. It is in need of a faucet fixture, as it came broken off. The water system (not sure it really has one) hasn't been used in 3-5 years. Neither has the gas system (regulator on the tank leaks. Sure could use some ideas on how to find serial numbers (refr, heater, a/c, what else?), manuals and I don't even know what else. Thanks for any help or ideas.
My suggestion would be to get the equipment model numbers to get your books, its the best way I can think of.

The water heater may be on the vent area outside, or under the seat like mine is.

Refer is either inside or on the back.
Water pump will be printed on it etc....

You may try contacting Forest River Customer Service?

See this post I made regarding parts that has contact info:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...al-188390.html
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:37 PM   #6

https://forestriverinc.com/Images/Fo...l-Rockwood.pdf

https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...trailer/browse

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/campi...specifications

These may or may not be useful to you
2019 Ram 1500 Classic SLT 4x4 5.7L Hemi V8 crew cab
Nova Scotia, Canada 🇨🇦
HappyCamperCanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags