Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2018, 11:23 AM   #1

Wink Water filter 2516g location n part number

My phone won't let me search. Rockwood 2516g premiere. Having problems with the water delivery....thinking it's either a plugged water filter or screen somewhere. The PDFs are killing me....anyone have a water filter location and a part number.... Would love to just replace the inline filter with a hose and add a filter to the outside hookup after the hose bib. Oh yea.....part number for the water heater removable metal anode. Any takers....tia guys
Wusthof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:34 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusthof View Post
My phone won't let me search. Having problems with the water delivery....thinking it's either a plugged water filter or screen somewhere. The PDFs are killing me....anyone have a water filter location and a part number.... Would love to just replace the inline filter with a hose and add a filter to the outside hookup after the hose bib. Oh yea.....part number for the water heater removable metal anode. Any takers....tia guys
If you don't tell us what make and model RV you have. We can't tell you where to find a filter. You may not even have one. Same thing with the anode. Surban has one. Atwood does not. Have you remove the aerators at the ends of your faucets and cleaned them?
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:35 PM   #3

Sorry it's in the title
2015 Rockwood 2516g premiere popup. The water with hookups worked perfectly 2 weeks ago fwiw
Old 07-06-2018, 01:04 PM   #4

The filter on both A-frames and pop-ups is usually in a cabinet under the sink area, above the water pump. You can take the filter element out, putting the empty filter bowl back in place. Just make sure you put the rubber O-ring back in place when you screw the bowl on. Your camper should have come with a plastic filter wrench to screw/unscrew the filter bowl.

You don't say whether the lack of flow happened with city water or from the pump. The water filter is in a clear plastic bowl about 4" and several inches in diameter. The bowl unscrews and lowers. You will spill water when mounting/removing the filter bowl, even with all pressure removed.

But chances are a plugged filter is not the issue. Many dealers leave the filter out when delivering the camper. Many owners remove the filter element and never replace it.

There is a metal screen filter on the water pump inlet that will clog easier than the water filter. Also, the screens on your faucets are more likely to clog than the water filter.

I broke the filter bowl on my A-frame when a metal box slammed into it on some rough roads. As a temporary fix, I rigged up a bypass hose to replace the filter. Both the filter and bypass use screw on connections so it is easy to swap out. I replaced the water filter, and keep the bypass in my tool kit. I also built a thin plywood wall to protect the filter from cabinet contents.

just my experiences
Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:13 PM   #5

Thx so much. More info and sorry...... When the water pump was turned on there was a low hum >>> no more no less. Turn the taps on either with the water tank full or emptied and used shore water (not good pressure fyi) the "hum" did not change with no water coming out of the taps either way. Oh yea, the water bowl (looks like a magic bullet cup). Had no filter in it. The water pump/filter/HT water tank is located under our couch fwiw. Again pump did want to turn on at all.....just a hum
Old 07-07-2018, 04:56 PM   #6

If you have no water in the tank, or while you are on city water, did you leave the water pump on? In both cases, the pump should be turned off. The water pump uses water flowing through it to cool itself. Any more than a few minutes of running with no water going through it MAY cause the pump to overheat and "break".

The break could be the shaft from the motor to the pump shearing. Or the impeller disintegrates. This would leave a motor hum but no pumping when the pump is on. I managed to burn my 1st pump out (motor would not turn) by accidentally leaving it on during the return drive from the Black Hills. At the same time, I opened the tank drain to allow our well water to drain out. So the pump ran out of water and burned itself up.

Replacing the pump was about $60, but the contortions to get at the mounting screws led me to say words I normally don't say.

Like I posted earlier, leaving the filter out of the filter cup is normal for many dealers. Many people can't be bothered to replace the filter element, in which case it is probably better not to install one in the 1st place.

Easy way to check your pump and the plumbing to the pump - put water in the tank, disconnect the pump output, and turn the pump on. If there is no output, either there is a vacuum leak between tank and pump, or the pump has failed. You may have to put a short hose to a bucket of water, properly connected, to the pump intake to resolve which issue it is. When installing my new pump, I cross-threaded the connection to the pump screen filter, which caused a vacuum leak. Once I fixed my mistake, pump worked great.

hope this helps you find your issue
Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 (just sold today) A-frame
Old 07-08-2018, 04:09 PM   #7

I have a 2716g which is very similar to the 2516g , and my water filter is behind the electrical panel underneath the drawers. I removed my filter when I bought the trailer and just use an inline filter at the spigot.
Cooperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #8

I talked to my dad and he said just check for clogs first....the screen at the faucet and then I'll check the screen at the pump itself. The pump was not left on without water going to it. The sink didn't work so I turned it off. Thx a bunch guys, I'll let ya know what the screens turned up. Won't be for a few weeks tho as the trailer is not kept at my house.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperman View Post
I removed my filter when I bought the trailer and just use an inline filter at the spigot.
I will be doing this when I finally get this stuff sorted
Old 07-09-2018, 07:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusthof View Post
I talked to my dad and he said just check for clogs first....the screen at the faucet and then I'll check the screen at the pump itself. The pump was not left on without water going to it. The sink didn't work so I turned it off. Thx a bunch guys, I'll let ya know what the screens turned up. Won't be for a few weeks tho as the trailer is not kept at my house.
Turning off the sink does not turn the pump off. The pump uses a pressure switch to turn itself on and off. And then there is the manual switch to turn the pump on/off.

When you opened the faucet to start water flowing, you should have heard the pump kick in. With not even a trickle where there had been flow before, I'm suspecting a failed pump, or failed prime, at this point. Failed prime means a working pump, but an air leak on the vacuum side of the pump.

This doesn't mean screens aren't clogged, but usually they clog and reduce water flow gradually.

just my thoughts - I truly hope you find clogged screens
Fred W
Old 07-10-2018, 01:23 PM   #11

Thx a bunch Fred.......I'll keep it in mind
Old 07-10-2018, 01:26 PM   #12

I'm assuming the pressure switch is part of the pump itself....again, just a hum whether I cracked the faucet or not. A little water came out but no where near what should have and then stopped 5seconds later
Old 08-29-2018, 03:11 PM   #13

Found the issue...... Had to pre prime the pump. Took the water line from the tank and forced water in that way. Works like a dream now. Hot water tank boondocking isn't the hottest tho. Thx again for all your helpful replies!!!!!!

Tags
cat, location, water, water filter