RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-29-2018, 10:20 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
So, is sarcastic a good thing? From a Site Team Member? You two have been around here a lot longer than most of us so I donít want to get in a food fight with you.

I should have been clearer in my response to the OP. If Mr. Dan was concerned about my anode he should have have inquired about my maintenance scheme but he decided to be ďsarcastic ď.

So let me say this. I live in central Florida and I never drain my water heater unless I am maintaining my anode which for me is about every year from empirical results. I donít do after every trip. I donít winterize so I donít have a season . It wonít hurt leaving the water in the water heater as it flushes pretty quickly during first use as it is typically only 5-6 gallons. If you do drain it after every trip you are more likely to forget and turn on the element before you fill the water heater tank and burn it up. Not saying you will, but the odds are higher.

That all being said, Thanks for the reminder.. it is time to drain the water heater and check the anode...
You're right. Your posts #12 and #14 were both poor. Neither would help a newbie. Your response in #14 wasn't any better than #13, IMHO. Especially since you have to drain your WH as part of pulling the anode.

So it seems that saying you've "never drained my water heater...." cannot be true. Now you've got newbies wondering how they can check their anode without draining the WH.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
You're right. Your posts #12 and #14 were both poor. Neither would help a newbie. Your response in #14 wasn't any better than #13, IMHO. Especially since you have to drain your WH as part of pulling the anode.

So it seems that saying you've "never drained my water heater...." cannot be true. Now you've got newbies wondering how they can check their anode without draining the WH.
You win
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:53 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
You win
It really upsets me when the children fight.
🙀
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:16 PM   #24

We don't pull the anode but at the end of the season. Taking that sucker out and putting it back is a PITA (for me).

When we FILL with fresh water, I set a 5 gallon bucket under the outside shower and turn on the "HOT" water -- so the old stagnant water is pushed out as the new 'fresh' water is going in... or something like that. Then we water some flowers with the 5 gal bucket of 'old' water.

hotzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:53 PM   #25

Unhappy Water Heaters

How do you rid your water tank of sediment?
RonsOldHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:14 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonsOldHouse View Post
How do you rid your water tank of sediment?

This video we keep in the FAQ section may help. Even though it's for a Suburban water heater, it works pretty much the same for an Atwood.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...es-135977.html

I often say to myself, "I can't believe that cloning machine worked."
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, water, water heater