RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2018, 02:53 PM   #1
Member
 
bundy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: That one particular harbor
Posts: 66
We just bought a brand new 2018 Rockwood ESP

My wife and I are proud new owners of a 2018 Rockwood 1910ESP!
I canít wait to use it!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8641.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	187437Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8642.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	187438Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8643.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	187439
bundy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:06 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
rebeltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 238
You're going to love it. I like the darker color.
__________________
2017 Rockwood 2304DS Ultralite
2012 F-150 4X4 XLT 5.0 V8
rebeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:20 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 11,825
Welcome and congrats!!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:30 PM   #4
Member
 
bundy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: That one particular harbor
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Welcome and congrats!!


Thanks.
bundy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #5
Member
 
bundy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: That one particular harbor
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltown View Post
You're going to love it. I like the darker color.


I hope we do. It is a nice color.
bundy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:50 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 377
Congrats!! Enjoy the new camper. It looks great. Nice ground clearance for off road campsites!

Yeh, the newer 2019 ESPs are dark paint on the outside and white interior on the inside.







__________________
2019 Ford F150 Race Red XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 Locking Axle, 1830# Payload, 12,700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716G Pop Up, with a 14' box. Previously had 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH and 2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH Travel Trailers. Also previously had 2007 Starcraft 2406 Pop Up with 12' box and bathroom, Previously had 2005 Rockwood 2290 Pop Up with 12' box and porta potty cabinet. Trucks and Trailers.
Mike91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:50 PM   #7
Member
 
bundy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: That one particular harbor
Posts: 66
Ours is the darker interior.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8655.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	187551Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8658.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	187552
bundy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:33 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 36
Congratulations! We bought a 2017 1640 ESP earlier this year and love it - same color scheme as yours. I was considering the 1910 but ended up going with the smaller box model for better storage flexibility and easier to tow with my Jeep.
jr1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:10 PM   #9
Member
 
bundy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: That one particular harbor
Posts: 66
We just bought a brand new 2018 Rockwood ESP

It seems to be Buddy approved!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8667.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	187792Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	291.2 KB
ID:	187793
bundy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:51 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1
We just purchased the exact same model this past weekend and will be picking up next weekend! Absolutely loving the interior and Iím happy to see that your dog fits, we have a standard poodle that we travel with and I know he is going to be right at home.

I have been looking everywhere and canít find what type of connection the gray water drain has, is it a regular hose fitting or do I need to get an adapter? Have you guys taken it camping yet? We are going on our maiden voyage in two weeks 😊
Jacqueline V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:19 PM   #11
Member
 
bundy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: That one particular harbor
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline V View Post
We just purchased the exact same model this past weekend and will be picking up next weekend! Absolutely loving the interior and Iím happy to see that your dog fits, we have a standard poodle that we travel with and I know he is going to be right at home.



I have been looking everywhere and canít find what type of connection the gray water drain has, is it a regular hose fitting or do I need to get an adapter? Have you guys taken it camping yet? We are going on our maiden voyage in two weeks


The sink is the only gray water drain, it uses a regular hose. We will be going out in another week.
bundy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:02 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 16
Bundy71 I just purchased a 2018 Rockwood ESP but it was used three times by first owner. My problem is I did not get any hands on instructions from a dealer so I need help. Can you answer a couple questions for me
jpennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:11 AM   #13
Member
 
bundy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: That one particular harbor
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpennington View Post
Bundy71 I just purchased a 2018 Rockwood ESP but it was used three times by first owner. My problem is I did not get any hands on instructions from a dealer so I need help. Can you answer a couple questions for me


Sure. Ask away!
bundy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 05:37 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
HappyCamperCanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 198
Sweet. Looks nice. Tent trailers have come a long way. We are picking up our brand new 2020 rockwood premier 2514g this morning! I can't wait to try it all out. My wife can't wait to decorate it. I think that's how it generally goes. Enjoy!!
__________________
Cheers 🍻
Sean and Tracy
2020 Rockwood Premier 2514g
2019 Ram 1500 Classic SLT 4x4 5.7L Hemi V8 crew cab
Nova Scotia, Canada 🇨🇦
HappyCamperCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 06:08 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,683
Congrats, and Welcome from Southern Virginia !!!!!!


__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 06:35 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Omaha,Nebraska
Posts: 380
Congrats on the new camper I know you will enjoy it. We have the Flagstaff version of the 1910, they are are identical. Just got back from a 2 week vacation to the Grand Canyon and Arches Nat. Parks. Camper towed like a dream and no problems other than a very loud and noisy roof winch, did not make any friends when breaking down camper at 6 in the morning.
Good Luck and Enjoy!
__________________
2020 Cherokee Wolf Pup 14CC
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 3.6 L
backpacker3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:14 AM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 16
Propane has never been used. Going to fill it today so I can run the frig off of it for 5 day 4th July trip. How do I run the frig off propane? Step by step.
jpennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:33 AM   #18
Site Team
 
Flybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 12,189
If the previous owner hardly used it, there is a good chance the propane is full. Remember if the propane lines are empty you need to turn propane on very very slowly for the 1st 1/8 turn until you hear the propane flow. Then stop and allow the lines to pressurize. If you turn it on too fast the open flow protection device will activate and propane will not flow. Start by running the stove top for a minute or two until you have a good steady flame. The turn the fridge on with the propane switch. It may take a few tries to start. If it takes more than 3 or four it will go into safe mode and the controller may need to be reset. Come back if that happens. Remember RV fridges take a long time 6-8Hrs to cool. Be patient. I suggest you get the model number for the fridge and go the manufacturers web page and get the full manual. Actually you should do that for all the appliances in the PUP.
Please come back if you have additional questions.
__________________

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:40 PM   #19
Member
 
bundy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: That one particular harbor
Posts: 66
Turn the propane cylinder on, make sure the power is off for the fridge, and press the igniter. Iím trying to remember if you need the 12v turned on or not. I want to say yes, but somebody help me out here. I think I have left mine on when traveling, and the fridge stayed cold.
bundy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:41 PM   #20
Member
 
bundy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: That one particular harbor
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
If the previous owner hardly used it, there is a good chance the propane is full. Remember if the propane lines are empty you need to turn propane on very very slowly for the 1st 1/8 turn until you hear the propane flow. Then stop and allow the lines to pressurize. If you turn it on too fast the open flow protection device will activate and propane will not flow. Start by running the stove top for a minute or two until you have a good steady flame. The turn the fridge on with the propane switch. It may take a few tries to start. If it takes more than 3 or four it will go into safe mode and the controller may need to be reset. Come back if that happens. Remember RV fridges take a long time 6-8Hrs to cool. Be patient. I suggest you get the model number for the fridge and go the manufacturers web page and get the full manual. Actually you should do that for all the appliances in the PUP.
Please come back if you have additional questions.


I bleed the air out of the propane lines by lighting a burner on my stove, to make sure I have flow.
bundy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rockwood

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.