RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-05-2017, 01:27 AM   #1

What will happen and how to fix

Hello All,

I am sorry to admit, this afternoon, I was rushing to finish coating the vinyl areas of the bunkends and dinette with 303 aerospace protectant, like I do every season. I must have gotten some over spray on the seams of the canvas (fabric) windows. I dried the vinyl areas as best I could but didn't notice the overspray. It rained about an hour after that. Later, I went inside to make sure everything was closed up, and I noticed at several spots around and along the seams they were wet. Nothing dripping in or puddles but definitely very moist.

Will this be an ongoing issue now? After it dries, will those areas be fine? Do I need to clean those areas off? Just hoping I didn't do any real damage. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodaman View Post
Hello All,

I am sorry to admit, this afternoon, I was rushing to finish coating the vinyl areas of the bunkends and dinette with 303 aerospace protectant, like I do every season. I must have gotten some over spray on the seams of the canvas (fabric) windows. I dried the vinyl areas as best I could but didn't notice the overspray. It rained about an hour after that. Later, I went inside to make sure everything was closed up, and I noticed at several spots around and along the seams they were wet. Nothing dripping in or puddles but definitely very moist.

Will this be an ongoing issue now? After it dries, will those areas be fine? Do I need to clean those areas off? Just hoping I didn't do any real damage. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I should add that I have done this application several times since I have owned the PUP. It was always on partly sunny or dry days. And I have never had this type of seepage along the seams before even during hard rains. This is the first time I've seen this. Thanks.