Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2019, 04:36 PM   #21
Cldo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Does the front of it look like the one Flybob posted a pic of?
If so, was it somewhere hidden that you didn't see it?
Yep it was right where he said it was. Under the dinette
Cldo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:11 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cldo1 View Post
Yep it was right where he said it was. Under the dinette
I think it was flyerdp, that told you that, not Flybob, who posted a pic of the power distribution center.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:45 PM   #23
Cldo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerdp View Post
Good luck. Let me know if you need to know anything. Like I said the 110V circuits are all inside the chassis so I would expect if they didnt come on that the GFCI is tripped or a breaker.

Here are a couple of pics of my driver side tire. The blue wire and white wire are for the electric brakes. I am just speculating but its probably that the blue/white "shredded" wires in your image are those same wires. The pics are from either side of the leaf spring. There is a "loop" of wire on the outside of the leaf, some connectors and then they go up to the frame for ground and the wire harness for brake voltage.

Attachment 213592

Attachment 213593
So I took a couple of photos. All I can see is that essentially every 12 Volt circuit is not connected to anything. I have the diagram for what each color supposedly goes to but I'm not seeing anything other than the white that connects to negative terminal and then there is white/green wire that I have no idea where it goes to. I do see it go under the trailer and over near the door and wheel well area but I'm wondering what happened to all of the rest of 12 Volt wires. All I really care about is the lights and plugs. So the yellow. The fridge would be nice too which is Green. I'm just not sure where they come into that cabinet from.

Edit:
Actually not the fridge. Doesn't make sense to run that on 12V
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190829_145833.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	213779   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190829_141455.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	330.6 KB
ID:	213780   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190829_143511.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	213781  
Cldo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cldo1 View Post
So I took a couple of photos. All I can see is that essentially every 12 Volt circuit is not connected to anything. I have the diagram for what each color supposedly goes to but I'm not seeing anything other than the white that connects to negative terminal and then there is white/green wire that I have no idea where it goes to. I do see it go under the trailer and over near the door and wheel well area but I'm wondering what happened to all of the rest of 12 Volt wires. All I really care about is the lights and plugs. So the yellow. The fridge would be nice too which is Green. I'm just not sure where they come into that cabinet from.

Edit:
Actually not the fridge. Doesn't make sense to run that on 12V
You may regret not having 12V available for the refer. Never know when you may wish you had it

I think I described where the roof light wire is already but here:

Check just behind the drivers side, front-most roof pillar for a grommet and a wire bundle coming out that goes up to the roof through the tent fabric. It looks like this:

Name:	20190829_213509.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	279.0 KB
ID:	213791

My refrigerator has wires behind that are accessible by removing the bottom access/vent panel on the outside. There are two wires with wire nuts that then feed the refer. Ignore the tape and the two wires in my image. I put those in to feed a wireless camera so I can see behind the camper easily while driving

Name:	20190829_213613.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	340.2 KB
ID:	213792

I don't know that it really matters "how" the wires get there so long as they do. I believe you said you were an electrician so I'm sure you will get em there There are a few wires under my camper for 12V that I wrapped up and made sure to zip tie up out of the way so I suggest doing the same if you go underneath. Yours may be able to go under the heater and over to the lights/refer? I assume the water heater was hooked up? It is gas but needs 12V for control circuitry.
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:00 AM   #25

I should have mentioned as well that there is a switch under the swing galley that has to be depressed for the 12V internal wiring to be powered. That is all except the 12V refrigerator. Its always powered. I have not looked at that switch to see if it is a simple power interrupt to lights etc... or if its a control circuit that tells the converter to power up those 12V lines?

As far as the wires that go to the roof you can see in the pic there are 3 for mine. I have 3 LED lights on the interior roof, 3 - 12V "Sockets" for the fan/light/combo accessories and power to the fan. I have not traced those out to see how they are connected.
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, cat, converter, flagstaff, fuse