Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #1

Wife aint gonna be happy...

I got so excited that the day was warm (45 deg F) and the snow was melting - so I decided to hook up and attempt to pull out my new-to-me popup (1998 Rockwood 1908).

Took me a long time to realize that was a bad idea. Long enough to rip up the side lawn into a mud-bog.

...Lesson Learned

--Anthony
AnthonV78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonV78 View Post
I got so excited that the day was warm (45 deg F) and the snow was melting - so I decided to hook up and attempt to pull out my new-to-me popup (1998 Rockwood 1908).

Took me a long time to realize that was a bad idea. Long enough to rip up the side lawn into a mud-bog.

...Lesson Learned

--Anthony
Learning your lesson may be the easy part of this on you - just wait till your wife finds outs.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
Campin With Grammy & Papa

"Honey, look at what some maniac did to our lawn!"
This line will only work if you wash the mud off your truck before she sees anything. And perhaps pay off any neighbors or other witnesses. Scott
Scott n Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott n Jo View Post
"Honey, look at what some maniac did to our lawn!"
This line will only work if you wash the mud off your truck before she sees anything. And perhaps pay off any neighbors or other witnesses. Scott
Sounds like advice coming from a guy who has been there
Old 03-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #5

LOL - I am sure she understands! My husband took the cover off his truck camper but not realizing it had ice in the corner end. I hear a string of words that are not allowed to be repeated here...he ripped the cover as he tried to flip it off that end.. it ripped the length on one side...boy was he mad at himself. I felt bad for him because he had just purchased that cover in the Fall. I didnt need to input, he beat himself up pretty good.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbuilder View Post
LOL - I am sure she understands! My husband took the cover off his truck camper but not realizing it had ice in the corner end. I hear a string of words that are not allowed to be repeated here...he ripped the cover as he tried to flip it off that end.. it ripped the length on one side...boy was he mad at himself. I felt bad for him because he had just purchased that cover in the Fall. I didnt need to input, he beat himself up pretty good.
WOw - good to know there are still some women out there who realize accidents do happen and it is not always the husbands fault.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #7

Quote:

...Lesson Learned

--Anthony
So, till up the side yard get ready for the Spring garden! Maybe a dozen roses would be smarter!

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #8

This would be my story to stick to.
"Hey baby, I called the cops. Apparently SOMEONE tried to steal the camper but gave up due to all the mud. The cops didn't feel that it was necessary to fill out a complaint, because they will never be caught! "
That would be my story!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #9

Quote:

...Lesson Learned

--Anthony
Isnt if funny how some of the unfortunate and hopefully painless misshaps are sometimes the ones you laugh about the most years later?
Old 03-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall Line View Post
"Hey baby, I called the cops. Apparently SOMEONE tried to steal the camper but gave up due to all the mud. The cops didn't feel that it was necessary to fill out a complaint, because they will never be caught! "
Lol x2!

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #11

Quote:
That would be my story too, but I think my DW would see right thru it. The roses would be plan B.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
That would be my story too, but I think my DW would see right thru it. The roses would be plan B.
Maybe not if you are married to a blonde ?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Maybe not if you are married to a blonde ?
Point taken
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote