Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2017, 05:47 PM   #1

winch problem/question

I have a flagstaff forest river pop up that I bought last year. Before my last trip of the summer, I attempted to open it up with the electric winch but had accidentally left one of the latches secured. I heard a big pop.

Then the front would start to raise, but the back wouldn't. So I took it to the dealer. He told me I popped some lift cables or something like that. They had it about 2 weeks.

When I got it back I was recovering from surgery and I never opened it up. Sat that way all winter.

Opened it today. The motor on the electric winch started up but the pop up didnt raise for about 2 seconds, then it made a pop sound and went all the way up.

When I lowered it, it went down fine until about the 2.5 foot mark, then the motor on the winch just stopped. Put it back up, went up fine. Lowered it, went down fine to 2.5 feet, motor cuts off.

Try that a few times and it kept stopping at the 2.5 foot mark. On my last try, it stopped lowering at all. Motor would go on and lift, Motor would not go on when I attempted to lower it. Had to use a power drill, and manually crank it down.

Any thoughts/ideas? Im not the handiest guy.
JON
loschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 05:53 PM   #2

And after I posted this, I saw the recent discussion on just this subject..limiter switches apparently..
loschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:01 PM   #3

Yes, check the limit swithes
JPBar is offline   Reply With Quote