Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 250
Bad dog face

I have had issues, crate training my new dog Cinnamon, that has Separation Anxiety. I've had her since July [she's almost 3 yrs ] and we had made alot of progress.

So I got the bright idea the other day, to put her favorite dog bed in the crate with her, thinking that since it was familiar to her, that it would be safe. I guess that THINKING, was my first mistake!!

Well, I was only gone 1 hour and when I came into her room and saw this.....I just stood there, motionless.....trying to not laugh. Cinnamon's expression was priceless. There was not one ounce of stuffing left in her favorite doggie bed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (5).jpg
Views:	220
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	43556Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (6).jpg
Views:	208
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	43557Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (7).jpg
Views:	225
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	43558


This is the best 'Bad Dog Face' that I've seen in a long time.
Sargent's Fox Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
Phat Phrog
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 6,851
Oh my gosh that's funny!!
__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 LTZ - named Betty
RV: 2017 Columbus 366RL - named Karenís Camper
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Zhanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas - east of San Antonio
Posts: 305
Cuteness!
__________________

2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4
2017 Heritage Glen QBUD312
Zhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 22,810
Our Bella came to us with lots of issues and her experience with fireworks at 6 months added to her health problems.

After a visit to the canine behavior people at Ryan School of Veterinary Medicine (UP), they suggested some antianxiety medication that turned our terrified dog into a great traveler.
__________________
Lou, Laura, & Freya the wonder dog
2008 GMC Sierra 3000HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2019 Flagstaff 8529FLS - Pullrite 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
Now a "Top Member"
 
EdJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Roman Forest, TX
Posts: 2,594
My Brit went through 4 dog beds before she finally outgrew that. She also got hold of a "neck" pillow that was filled with little tiny poly type stuffing balls. It looked like it snowed in the living room when we got home.
__________________
Ed and Sharon
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS
2019 Ford F-250 XLT - AWESOME Truck!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,905
We had a bullmastiff that we couldn't give bedding material to or allow to be outside of her crate (she would poop and pee somewhere). When we gave her to her new owner who had another dog, they never had problems because the 2 dogs would run themselves tired to exhaustion and she slept thru the night.
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Our Bella came to us with lots of issues and her experience with fireworks at 6 months added to her health problems.

After a visit to the canine behavior people at Ryan School of Veterinary Medicine (UP), they suggested some antianxiety medication that turned our terrified dog into a great traveler.

Her Vet-Behaviorist has her on Prozac which seemed to help, at first, 3 months ago. She doesn't scream and cry anymore, but she has developed alot of tremor-type shaking and she has lost alot of fur, so I am in the phase of reducing her dosage. She hates to be alone!!

I put t-shirts with my scent on them, into her crate, and it keeps her occupied chewing holes in the shirts. When I don't put anything in her crate.....she spends her time chewing the bars, so to avoid a big Vet dental bill...I put in the t-shirts.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
Sargent's Fox Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 22,810
Bella takes Buspirone as recommended by the Ryan Vets and it has worked miracles.
__________________
Lou, Laura, & Freya the wonder dog
2008 GMC Sierra 3000HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2019 Flagstaff 8529FLS - Pullrite 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent's Fox Hole View Post
Her Vet-Behaviorist has her on Prozac which seemed to help, at first, 3 months ago. She doesn't scream and cry anymore, but she has developed alot of tremor-type shaking and she has lost alot of fur, so I am in the phase of reducing her dosage. She hates to be alone!!

I put t-shirts with my scent on them, into her crate, and it keeps her occupied chewing holes in the shirts. When I don't put anything in her crate.....she spends her time chewing the bars, so to avoid a big Vet dental bill...I put in the t-shirts.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
I replaced the 'diversion' t-shirt in Cinnamon's crate, because it was all chewed up, and threw it by the door until I was ready to leave my office/computer/dog crate room, and then I would throw it away. I glanced around to see what she was up to, and had to laugh.....I guess that was her way of saying...."Hey, this is MY t-shirt, don't throw it away!!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (42).jpg
Views:	169
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	43753
Sargent's Fox Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #10
Phat Phrog
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 6,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent's Fox Hole View Post

I replaced the 'diversion' t-shirt in Cinnamon's crate, because it was all chewed up, and threw it by the door until I was ready to leave my office/computer/dog crate room, and then I would throw it away. I glanced around to see what she was up to, and had to laugh.....I guess that was her way of saying...."Hey, this is MY t-shirt, don't throw it away!!"
Oh my gosh I love that puppy!!
__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 LTZ - named Betty
RV: 2017 Columbus 366RL - named Karenís Camper
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.