Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #1

Bad dog face

I have had issues, crate training my new dog Cinnamon, that has Separation Anxiety. I've had her since July [she's almost 3 yrs ] and we had made alot of progress.

So I got the bright idea the other day, to put her favorite dog bed in the crate with her, thinking that since it was familiar to her, that it would be safe. I guess that THINKING, was my first mistake!!

Well, I was only gone 1 hour and when I came into her room and saw this.....I just stood there, motionless.....trying to not laugh. Cinnamon's expression was priceless. There was not one ounce of stuffing left in her favorite doggie bed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (5).jpg
Views:	295
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	43556Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (6).jpg
Views:	249
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	43557Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (7).jpg
Views:	249
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	43558

This is the best 'Bad Dog Face' that I've seen in a long time.
Sargent's Fox Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
Phat Phrog

Oh my gosh that's funny!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #3

Cuteness!

2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4
2017 Heritage Glen QBUD312
Zhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Our Bella came to us with lots of issues and her experience with fireworks at 6 months added to her health problems.

After a visit to the canine behavior people at Ryan School of Veterinary Medicine (UP), they suggested some antianxiety medication that turned our terrified dog into a great traveler.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
Now a "Top Member"

My Brit went through 4 dog beds before she finally outgrew that. She also got hold of a "neck" pillow that was filled with little tiny poly type stuffing balls. It looked like it snowed in the living room when we got home.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
Always Learning

We had a bullmastiff that we couldn't give bedding material to or allow to be outside of her crate (she would poop and pee somewhere). When we gave her to her new owner who had another dog, they never had problems because the 2 dogs would run themselves tired to exhaustion and she slept thru the night.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Our Bella came to us with lots of issues and her experience with fireworks at 6 months added to her health problems.

After a visit to the canine behavior people at Ryan School of Veterinary Medicine (UP), they suggested some antianxiety medication that turned our terrified dog into a great traveler.

Her Vet-Behaviorist has her on Prozac which seemed to help, at first, 3 months ago. She doesn't scream and cry anymore, but she has developed alot of tremor-type shaking and she has lost alot of fur, so I am in the phase of reducing her dosage. She hates to be alone!!

I put t-shirts with my scent on them, into her crate, and it keeps her occupied chewing holes in the shirts. When I don't put anything in her crate.....she spends her time chewing the bars, so to avoid a big Vet dental bill...I put in the t-shirts.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou

Bella takes Buspirone as recommended by the Ryan Vets and it has worked miracles.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent's Fox Hole View Post
Her Vet-Behaviorist has her on Prozac which seemed to help, at first, 3 months ago. She doesn't scream and cry anymore, but she has developed alot of tremor-type shaking and she has lost alot of fur, so I am in the phase of reducing her dosage. She hates to be alone!!

I put t-shirts with my scent on them, into her crate, and it keeps her occupied chewing holes in the shirts. When I don't put anything in her crate.....she spends her time chewing the bars, so to avoid a big Vet dental bill...I put in the t-shirts.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
I replaced the 'diversion' t-shirt in Cinnamon's crate, because it was all chewed up, and threw it by the door until I was ready to leave my office/computer/dog crate room, and then I would throw it away. I glanced around to see what she was up to, and had to laugh.....I guess that was her way of saying...."Hey, this is MY t-shirt, don't throw it away!!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (42).jpg
Views:	203
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	43753
Old 12-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #10
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent's Fox Hole View Post

I replaced the 'diversion' t-shirt in Cinnamon's crate, because it was all chewed up, and threw it by the door until I was ready to leave my office/computer/dog crate room, and then I would throw it away. I glanced around to see what she was up to, and had to laugh.....I guess that was her way of saying...."Hey, this is MY t-shirt, don't throw it away!!"
Oh my gosh I love that puppy!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote