Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #1

Doggie ramp for Murphy Bed

We have a few week old 2306 Rockwood. We were thrilled except our poor doxie, Roxie, didn't have a ramp to get on the bed. In our previous RV and at home she has really sturdy ramps made by a guy, carpeted and all and her old
ramp wouldn't fit in the Rockwood 2306. There was only 10" between the arm of the sofa and of course the Murphy Bed folds down over the sofa. So we contacted the guy who made her other ramps and asked him to make a special one. It is 10" wide and 44" long. She can now go up and down to the Murphy Bed and when the bed is up she can go half way up the ramp to get on the sofa. For the few weeks before getting the ramp we had to lift her up and down (or she tried jumping down a a few times which is horrible for any dog but really bad for a dachshund). She hated being lifted up and down. So thought I would show you a photo of the ramp and another of our Roxie sitting on the top part of the ramp (it has a platform at the top). She is sooooo happy !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0089.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	43971   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0090.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	43972  

Our "Fur Kid" Roxie the smiling doxie is so amazing !
gobblertales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #2

Very nice! Those beds are high. My young dog can jump up, but my older dog was unable.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #3

The things we do for our pets. I personally pulled the rear seat out of my brand new extended cab diesel (new in 2008 when I did this) and replaced it with a nice carpeted platform that takes up all the room back there, and then had to make a ramp for the oldest dog to get in and out. That same ramp is still used for that purpose but also to help the last remaining dog into the fifth wheel.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #4

Things we do !

Yep Filthy Beast that is true ! We have a ramp in the RV and a ramp next to our bed at home. Both on my side so for 12 years now I have had to get in and out of bed but getting in from the bottom up and not from the side. LOL But I figure folks like you and me will get an extra star in heaven for doing things like this. Our Roxie is such a treasure and joy as I am sure your "fur kids" are too. Sounds like your fur kids have a great life too !

Old 12-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #5

I have steps for my old dog to get up on my bed at home. She can't go camping with us, though. Too much anxiety and too hard on her old hips.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #6

Anxiety and Hips

LOL re: Anxiety and old hips OH for a minute I thought you were talking about me !!!! Shame she can't go though.. At least for now (Roxie is 12 years old) she loves it. She sees us starting to pack and basically sits by the garage door trying to make sure we can't leave without her. But for a doxie our gal is soooo laid back. So anxiety isn't her problem LOL

Old 12-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #7
fmc

We built the same type ramp in our Salem Cruise Lite 221 RBXL for our little girl Kassie an 11 year old Maltese.
fmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #8

Oh how sweet !! Vet she is a cutie and really appreciates her ramp !!!!!

Tags
bed