Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #21

So sorry to hear about your Buddy. That was what my DH wanted to name our dogs. You will miss your wonderful camping 'Buddy'. Our thoughts are with you.

Ken & Maris
Maris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:57 AM   #22

I'm so sorry to hear that. Our Schipperke had Cushing for 3 years and he had the exact same problems. My heart is out to you, as my eyes tear up and it's been 2 years already. It's the hardest thing I ever did. That dog sailed 1/2 way around the world with us and was always at my wife's side. If we ever got in an argument he use to get in between us. Letting us know then there is more to life then a stupid arguement.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:58 AM   #23

Even my pastor agrees that all dogs go to Heaven.
Captn.Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:58 AM   #24
Casper

Sorry for your loss

We have been blessed with not having a pet passing while camping. But we have friends that have and thanks to the some campgrounds they have a pet cemetery which is very good. Sorry again for your loss.
williamsgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:07 PM   #25

Sorry for your loss. We lost our camping buddy and all around great guy last year very suddenly so I know what you are going through. 1 minute things are great and then less than an hour later we were devastated and dealing with his loss. Hang in. Remember all the good times!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2010 Ford Escape
loumichelle735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn.Ken View Post
Even my pastor agrees that all dogs go to Heaven.
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
― Will Rogers
Old 05-29-2015, 12:15 PM   #27

Very sorry for you and your husband. RV'rs probably have more dogs than any other group so many of us have experienced exactly what you are going through. Dogs can put up with a lot of pain without complaining. Your Buddy is now pain free and will see you again.
1 1/2 years later, we still have "Ozzy moments" about our late Boston, but the fond memories start to outweigh the pain. We were going to wait at least 6 months before thinking of another furry companion - we had another dog within 3 weeks and then got another as well. Best wishes
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:19 PM   #28

Google:
Old Shep
by Roy Acuff
When I was a lad, and Ol' Shep was a pup
O'er fields and meadows we roamed
Just boy and his dog, we both had our fun
And we grew up together that way....
EdnKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:28 PM   #29

Very sorry for you loss. Our camping dog was Buddy also. She was like the boy named Sue, a girl with a boy's name. She traveled all over the U.S. with us and to Alaska and back. She got to bark at moose and bears along the way and sniffed all kinds of things that dogs seem to delight in. She developed numerous tumors this past year and we had to make that awful decision. When Bubby began to show signs of going down hill, my wife decided she wanted to get a little Bichon puppy. I was against it at first but by the time Buddy was gone little Muffie had become part of the family. She has gone on a couple of trips with us so far. She enjoys the same sniffing around Buddy did. Bubby lives in our photos and our hearts just as your Bubby will for you. God Bless.
V-Lite Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:30 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinger60 View Post
As of right now, I don't think I will ever get another dog. I don't ever want to have to go through this again.
I know what you are saying and I have said these exact words myself. Then six months down the line, I come across a story like this. A cute little girl like this that has a few years on her. Never had a loving home and certainly was never camping. May not get adopted. You may re-think this and share your home and campsite with another little one.

bruce...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lilli_5-10-15.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	78468  
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:36 PM   #31

We purchased our TT 2 years ago & picked it based on how the 2 crates sat well inside of it. A year ago we went down to just 1 crate as one crossed the rainbow bridge. Those bundles of unconditional love get a straight pass to heaven .... so sorry for your loss ... know how it feels to have your campsite dynamics shift around ....

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:45 PM   #32

Sorry for your loss. We went through the same thing two weeks ago. Our little guy was 15 and has camped with us since he was a pup. Our first trip without him was last weekend and I kept looking for him. Like you I hope it gets easier.
Pilot172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:01 PM   #33

So Very Sorry

Zinger, we are so sorry that you had to let your fur-baby cross the Rainbow Bridge. Sometimes, the hardest decisions for us are the best decisions for them. I hope you read the Rainbow Bridge story in the comments. It has brought us great comfort. RIP to your fur-baby.
Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:15 PM   #34
New:

Sorry to hear about your loss! Losing a pet is never easy. I do not look forward to that day. My Pug loves to travel and thinks the new Coach is his and I am allowed in it so he has someone to sleep with. They are always a bundle of joy! They are fur-kids that never can be replaced.
New: 2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2016 Equinox Tow Vehicle
old: 2013 FR Rockwood 2318G w/ 2001 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel
compman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #35
Site Team

since we lost our Golden, Zoe, a couple of years ago, camping has not been the same. She absolutely loved camping and went with us all of her 14 years.

we lost her at Christmas, while visiting family for the holidays. the following year we didn't camp at all, partially because doing it without her was too painful.

we finally went camping this spring, for 5 weeks and we had a good time.
did we miss her, sure. the DW was always stopping anyone who had a Golden with them, asking if she could pet theirs. it helps her stay connected.
but i still can't bring myself to yet.

but time is healing both of us and when we get settled into our retirement, we plan on getting another Golden and hopefully, it will love camping as much as our beloved Zoe did.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:31 PM   #36

So sorry for your loss. It is so difficult to lose a family member.
Single Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:32 PM   #37

We also love to take our dog with us.........they so much become a part of our family,so sorry for your loss. God Bless.
danc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:35 PM   #38
V-Nose Newbie

So sorry for your loss! Keep the faith and know that if your pet loved camping, he/she would still want you to enjoy it!

Dave, Sue and Peanut the wonder dog
davidl1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:40 PM   #39
New to Forest River

Sorry to hear about your loss. Try to remember the years of joy and pleasure your pooch gave you and treasure those memories. We have had many dogs over the years and remember each very fondly. The pain of their passing leaves, the joy of the memories lives on.

Give yourself time to grieve, then you can think about adding another set of wonderful memories with another fur kid.

Roving Ron from Forest River Forums
Old 05-29-2015, 01:47 PM   #40

First camping trip turned into a nightmare

We lost our yellow lab named Buddy three years ago to Cushings also

Unfortunately he was too old by the time it was diagnosed but we gave him the best life possible and he knew we loved him - the hardest goodbye ever 💕

As everyone says you think you do not want another dog or cannot think of it....we lasted 33 days without a Lab in our house - we got a chocolate pup at Christmas that year

He will never replace Buddy in my heart (momma's boy does not begin to describe Buddy) but Jackson has sure filled that empty place in our home and camper
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping