Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2020, 11:52 AM   #1
I Break Everything

Found The Cat

When we travel we never know exactly where our cat is gonna make a bed. We keep all cabinet and bathroom doors closed, except this time. He usually hangs out on the couch or middle of the bed. We came back to the RV after eating one evening and he was no where to be found up front or on the bed. Found upper compartment above wife's side closet.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Found the cat.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	223402

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:05 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

We have the same problem with Duke. Any opening is there for the exploring.
However, he prefers window seats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CB724D2F-AA6C-40DA-A117-6730605B7F37.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	338.5 KB
ID:	223405   Click image for larger version

Name:	045C1155-13C4-49BA-8CA0-4CDF1E637F5B.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	353.4 KB
ID:	223406  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:31 PM   #3

Our Calico, Angel, passed away while we were in Canada last August. She was 18 yrs old and been with us since she was 4 wks old. Traveling with us for the past 3 yrs. We loved Angel very much and in order to honor her, we went to a shelter in St. Ignace, Mi. to see what we could find. We found Iggy, a cute, lovable kitten. Michigan doesn't adopt until they are 'fixed' and Iggy was due for her operation in a few days, so we extended our stay.

We picked her up the day after surgery. I was holding Iggy in our Class C Leprechaun and put her down to show her where the food and water was. She darted for the front floorboard. We looked and couldn't find her. Then looked up under the dash on the driver's side. Yes, she was there, not fully with it from the operation and scared. We hadn't had her for 30 minutes yet. Googled what to do and the Internet suggested putting food down and wait or call a mechanic. Since Iggy had just been operated on and I'm a mechanic, I proceeded to dismantle the dash. Iggy had gone from the driver's side to behind the passenger airbag. I think she was glad to be rescued and probably won't do that again, but we still block off those areas.

Before we picked Iggy up from the shelter, we had purchased a dog training crate and positioned it in the dinette. This was for when we were gone from the MH and for during the night. Iggy had no problems with staying in the crate as we had a litter box, food and water in it. Plus she had been kept that way at the shelter. The crate is now stored in my garage and she is free to roam the MH. We have done a 3 week trip with no problems.

Two notes:
1. I don't care where Iggy is, she will come running when she hears a treat bag being opened, both at home and in the MH.
2. My MH radio was crooked before Iggy's adventure, it is straight now. So something good came out of it.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:26 AM   #4

Watched a movie and fixed food for our 14 lb cat before going to bed. He didn't come for it. We went looking. Knew we had not opened the door He had to be somewhere. Searched for 90 minutes, triple checking every nook. Finally found him curled up behind some food stuffs in the very narrow and deep pantry cupboard lower shelf. Could not see him even with a flashlight. Only could feel him with a long arm. He sleeps soundly. Whew!
100% dry camping and boondocking.
https://hclarkx.slickpic.com/gallery/?viewer
Hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat