Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2021, 06:05 PM   #21
jkoenig24

Condolences on Abby's passing. Sounds like your family and Abby were a GREAT match. Yes, I have NO doubt that Abby will meet you at "the rainbow bridge".
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 06:20 PM   #22

Abby must have had a great life to make it to 19. So sorry for your loss.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 12:03 AM   #23

My son found this quote when we sent Seamus, our 14 year old hunting Lab, over the Rainbow Bridge:

A dog does not live as long as a man and this natural law is the fount of many tears. If boy and puppy might grow to manhood and doghood together, and together grow old, and so in due course die, full many a heartache might be avoided. But the world is not so ordered, and dogs will die and men will weep for them so long as there are dogs and men.
Ben Ames Williams
Chief Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 11:20 AM   #24

My condolences for your beloved Abby. I recently lost two 13 year old Retrievers three months apart. I got a new Lab puppy immediately. Itís hard to believe itís already been one month. My new pup keeping me busy and full of love has really helped to distract me from my loss.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 01:33 PM   #25

It is a strange but Completely true feeling of having a true Heart Ache following the loss of such a long time companion.

We know full well how you feel, and our compassion and well wishes go out to you in this time of sorrow.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:32 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachTexas View Post
We stopped camping the first of this year when our 19 year old dog,Abby, lost the ability to stand on her rear legs. We just could not leave her behind. We continued to assist her in walking and getting around. She ate well and could walk with assistance. Then earlier this summer she began sleeping 20 hours a day. We were hoping for a few more days but this month she lost the ability to even stand with assistance. It was the hardest thing to do but she was no longer really living; just existing. The vet agreed it was time and she is now running and playing at the rainbow bridge. Where we will meet again!
Oh sweet Abby.. This is so hard. We just went through this last year.. Its breaks you heart since they are so much part of the family.. they are missed but never forgotten. We have pics on the wall of all of our 4 legged kids. Remember all the fun you guys had with Abby and not this sad time. God speed Abby you will be missed..
KRMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 09:18 PM   #27

Amen!
BudC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 11:55 PM   #28

Sad about your loss.
We just lost our 17 year old Corgi. In the last year 3 horses.
Dogs are magnificent animals. I was walking in the desert with my Border Collie today. We have only two dogs, we are short one Corgi. It takes time to find a good puppy.
I hope you consider another dog soon.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote