Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #1

heat worry about pets

Greetings from south Louisiana.. hot today 103 index. we are worried about loss of AC or power on our RV when we are away. summer heat is a real issue in LA,TEXAS,and MISSISSIPPI...we are considering the purchase of a Remote Coast Systems device to monitor our temp and power while we are out.. Do any of you members own this device??? comments before we purchase one would be greatly appreciated.. thaks
lotus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:58 PM   #2

Smile Pet Camera

We were worried about the same thing. I found a camera for $60 on Amazon that runs on WI-FI. The camera has two way sound, temperature reading and humidity. I purchased a straight talk mobile wifi that I only activate when we are on the road. The camera is attached to that wifi. If we park where there is no electric we run our generator so the wifi and camera work. the camera is
Wansview Indoor Wireless Camera, WiFi Home Security Surveillance Camera 1080P Video Stream at 30fps with Two-Way Audio and Night Vision,Baby/Nanny/Pet Monitor,Temperature and Humidity Sensor K1. It has worked great for us and we can leave the dogs in the RV and check on our phone app how they are doing. No monthly fees, activate the mobile hotspot when you are on the road and you also have your own wifi when the parks doesn't work.
Hope this helps.
pjorosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:08 AM   #3

heat worry about pets

The Wansview indoor camera is no longer available on Amazon, but I found another one, Ruckerway WiFi Camera with temperature sensor. We have it connected in the house so far and it seems to be working really well. We will get a Hotspot to have a good connection when we take the camper out. This camera/temp sensor device is much less in cost than the temp stick.
captain bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:54 AM   #4

I wonder how these work out when using it in a MH and changing wifi hotspots constantly? How east are they to set up if the IP address changes.
bclinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclinton View Post
I wonder how these work out when using it in a MH and changing wifi hotspots constantly? How east are they to set up if the IP address changes.

No clue, I’ve never used a hotspot.
captain bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:12 AM   #6

Quote:
If you've got a unit that has a WiFi Ranger or similar device, it shouldn't be an issue. Connect the unit to the available Internet source (you can program in failover too), and connect the camera to the WiFi Ranger. That way you have an unchanging source to connect to.
Past: 2018 Flagstaff MicroLite 21FBRS
Past: 2005 Flagstaff Classic 625D
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinerjoe View Post
If you've got a unit that has a WiFi Ranger or similar device, it shouldn't be an issue. Connect the unit to the available Internet source (you can program in failover too), and connect the camera to the WiFi Ranger. That way you have an unchanging source to connect to.
Wifi ranger? Sounds like a perm hot spot? I was curious how I was going to have internet available when not at a park. We have 2 straight talk phones but I wasnt sure if that would do the trick given limits. On to google to see about wifi ranger

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2018, 08:19 AM   #8

I am ordering this camera. Should be here Sunday. It's cheap and has great reviews. Will report back......

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 02-02-2018, 10:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Wifi ranger? Sounds like a perm hot spot? I was curious how I was going to have internet available when not at a park. We have 2 straight talk phones but I wasnt sure if that would do the trick given limits. On to google to see about wifi ranger

Thanks!
WiFi ranger is an external antenna system that grabs the park's (maybe spotty or weak) wifi signal and rebroadcasts it inside the camper. It is NOT a portable hotspot, more like a glorified repeater.
Past: 2018 Flagstaff MicroLite 21FBRS
Past: 2005 Flagstaff Classic 625D
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote