Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2020, 03:18 PM   #21

Thank you for your service to our furry friends Karen and Cliff.

Paul

2023 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608BS
2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S
2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2502KS
2012 Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel
2plus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:30 PM   #22
Brake is on left

Quote:
Originally Posted by smgelsie View Post
I would like to know about your friend near Manassas Natl Battlefield...I am near Charlottesville VA
Sent you a pm. Not sure if it went through. I can't figure out how to see sent messages.
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:47 PM   #23

Thanks....I got your PM and I've texted Jonathan.
Thanks so much
smgelsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMullins46 View Post
Sorry for your loss, it's like losing a family member. That said I wonder about the looking for a breeder for a puppy, over the years we have found that there are many wonderful dogs available at your local shelters. Many of those dogs are pure bred animals that are no longer with their human family for whatever reason. You can search for a Golden Retriever rescue and probably find a wonderful dog. We got our full blooded Collie from such an organization. Too many of these "breeders" are really puppy mills.
Good luck on you search for a new companion.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 11-11-2020, 10:10 PM   #25

Mike, I'm sorry to hear about Massey. It's never easy to lose a pet.

Jay
2012 Ford F150 FX4 3.5 EcoBoost
jay2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:26 PM   #26

AKC

I would check AKC website and review the breeders listed.
sallygjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:52 PM   #27

So sorry for your loss! There's nothing quite like the unconditional love of man's (and woman's) best friend! Best wishes on finding a new best friend!
shifkik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 08:06 PM   #28

Top brass retrievers. Jackie Merton. We are on our 6th golden. 5 from Topbrass. We love goldens. They are the best camping buddies
Djbodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 08:41 PM   #29

Golden Retrievers. I

I have a contact for a terrific breeder. I lost both my goldens within a year of each other. They are fully accredited and a decent price. Please pm me for contact info
YvonneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 10:07 PM   #30

https://grca.org/

Golden Retriever Club of America would be a good place to start as well.
CAACTUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:26 AM   #31

Lost our golden too.

So sorry for your loss. They hold a special place in our hearts. We lost our golden, Joey, to cancer last year. We are not ready to get another yet but when we do we will be getting it from the same place we got Joey - Weber’s golden. He was the best boy we could have asked for. He would sit on our front porch and watch everyone go by but he would never bark at anyone. We had an electric fence (it no longer worked but he never went out of the yard. When my son got a house down in Virginia we took him with us. My son took him around the perimeter of his yard when we got there and he never went out of his yard anytime we were down there. So yes when I get another dog it will be from there.
Finally camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:16 AM   #32

What about...?

Sorry for your loss. It's always hard losing a family member, the furry ones aren't any less difficult than the 2-legged ones.

My parents got a pure bred when I was kid. When I got my own family, we went to the shelter. Over the years, we've taken in 5 dogs that would not have had a home otherwise.

Any dog can be a true, loyal companion that becomes family.
1979 750 XS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:34 AM   #33

4 Goldens later...

I teared up reading this thinking about our 3rd Golden (Coda) who is getting up there in age at 10. Out of the 4 Goldens we've had so far (we have 2 now), he is without a doubt the best and it'll be a hard day when he goes to cross the bridge. It's never easy to lose a faithful companion, and I feel for your loss. You won't ever forget Massey, but you'll make new, cherished memories with your new Golden pup I'm sure. Take care and good luck in your search!
gagrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:21 AM   #34

Golden breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchdog View Post
Sadly we recently lost our 11 year old Golden to old age. He had been slowing down and we knew the end was coming. We took him on one last grouse hunt but mostly he just rode around in the bed of the side by side due to his condition. That night he was troubled and somehow my wife and I knew the end was coming. Independent of each other and without any communication between us, at separate times we laid down on the floor giving our dog comfort throughout the night. My wife was last with Massey at 3:30 and at that time his breathing changed from labored to even and peaceful. When I got up at 5:00 he had passed. We had made the decision to take him for euthanasia the next day and being the loyal dog he was he saved all three of us the agony of that. Instead Massey crossed the bridge on his own. Wow, it’s been nearly three weeks and I’m tearing up as I type this.

Anyway, we are looking for a new puppy and my wife is getting a little bit frustrated. She has sent out two inquiries to breeders and has not had a response from either one. One in Western Washington ST and one in Central Montana.

If anybody can recommend a quality breeder for us to contact we would appreciate it. Western US location would be preferred but we will consider any location, particularly if it’s after the winter season. What a great RV trip, head out somewhere, camp along the way and pick up a new puppy. Then introduce the new puppy to the RV life.

Thank you all,

Mike and Erin

I have 5 Goldens myself. There is a great breeder in NC, Kary Love from Season's Gold. In Oregon there is Ashley Dibble of TruStar Goldens and in ID there is DoubleTake Goldens. Not sure where Karen Howell Romin in MN and then there is Elizabeth Bostwick of Bostwick English Goldens. All of them have very nice Goldens and very healthy and cautious breeders. If you have any questions you can email me sdwoolies1@yahoo.com or call me 619-917-9117
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My babies 8-20.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	326.3 KB
ID:	243386  
sfbrabbitry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:00 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay2703 View Post
Mike, I'm sorry to hear about Massey. It's never easy to lose a pet.

Jay
Thanks Jay, whatever dog we end up I hope it’s as calm as yours. Fond memories of the day you guys visited us and the dogs acted like they knew each other for years.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:26 AM   #36

4 Goldens later...

I read your post with a tear in my eye as I was thinking of my 3rd Golden (Coda) as he is getting up in age now too - at 10 years old. By far, he is the best we've had so far and it'll be a very tough day when it's time for him to cross the bridge. I know it's tough to lose a cherished friend and I'm sure you'll always remember the good times and memories made with Massey. You'll never forget, but I'm quite positive that you'll make new memories with your new Golden pup. So sorry for your loss!
gagrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 02:31 PM   #37

Consider a Golden Rescue

It is a sad day to loose a faithful buddy. We have been Golden owners for years and always had puppies. About 8 years ago my wife was volunteering at Adopt a Golden Birmingham, and we started fostering. Well one foster caught our hearts and he became our companion and blended in with our two other Goldens. We lost him recently and then adopted another Golden. They show love very quickly. Consider adopting a Golden, there are organizations all over the country. If you google Adopt a Golden, I am sure you will find one near you. All the best.

Bruce & Rebecca

Apex
Apex191Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 05:32 PM   #38

Smile golden retriever breeders

We live in the Reno Nv. area and have a 1 yr. old male. The breeder we got him from lives a mile from us, so we got to pick him out before he could come to our home. The breeder is sundancegoldens60@gmail they are in Minden Nv.
kentacraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 07:42 AM   #39

Our Breeder is Mohons AKC Golden Retrievers

@Mohonsgoldens.**Mobon's Goldens... AKC Golden Retrievers and Goldendoodles raised on our farm in North Carolina.

1333 Chapman Mill Rd, Taylorsville, NC 28681

We chose a goldendoodle, we had 2 Golden Retrievers whom have since went over the Rainbow, we realized we were ready to welcome a new addition, we were hoping to get another Golden Retriever but they had none at the moment, but they were having a litter of Goldendoodles so we visited and met the owners and fell in love with the idea of a goldendoodle. Bailey Grace is our new companion and we couldn't love her more. But they are upstanding breeders whom care about the dogs and I highly recommend them.
Click image for larger version

Name:	received_283088573431359.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	263702
Emeup1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality