Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2020, 06:12 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincia View Post
Life is too short to have only one dog so here are pics of my 5. We bought our tt to be able to take the dogs with us on vacation. Scout and Capucine top pic, Capucine and Dante middle pic, and Cesare and Cincia bottom pic. Taking the dogs with us does limit some things but then so do kids - its all about priorities.
[ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 224985[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Cincia, look at all those Iggys! What cuties!

You're going to have to pack them all up and come to our greyhound wine tasting event in Watkins Glen this July!

Lots of gorgeous campgrounds up there! We have folks who drive in from Chicago every year! The forty-plus wineries and brew pubs welcome all the hounds; most hotels even waive their pet fees for us. All sighthounds welcome. Check it out at www.grapehounds.org

2014 Rockwood Signature 8282 Ultra-Lite
2008 RAM 3500 HD DRW Laramie Megacab
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Grapehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:40 AM   #122

yes, 5 is a lot to have at one time. We never let them out without being there with them, we don't leave them alone in the tt, we pick up after them every time, and we try to be good neighbors (not letting them bark, making sure they behave, etc.) We do have to be careful to pick parks that allow multiple dogs and we try to get a spot away from others or activity (pool, restrooms, etc.)
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
cincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 09:50 PM   #123

Camping Companions

In 2017, we lost our beloved sheltie, Setter, at the age of 17. We still had Daisy, a choc lab, and Fonzie, a dachshund. Sadly, we had to put Daisy down in April of 2019 after she suffered a stroke at age 11. We told ourselves we weren't getting another dog. Life would be easier with just 1 small dog. Fonzie cried sometimes throughout the next 2 months and we were just beginning to think we had to get another dog to keep him company (he had never been without at least one other dog). In June of 2019, our daughter was asked to foster a chihuahua for a week. My husband consented but stated, "She's not staying." Well . . . here it is 9 months later and she's still with us! Coincidentally, her name is Pinky (she was a stray and her original foster mom named her). In the show Happy Days, Fonzie's girlfriend who drove the demo derby car was named Pinky. I guess it was meant to be!

We miss having a larger dog, but are enjoying the two little dogs. They are great campers and we'd be lost without them!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fonzie.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	338.8 KB
ID:	225120   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pinky.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	569.8 KB
ID:	225121  
Georgie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 09:39 AM   #124
I'm Lost

[QUOTE=Georgie Girl;2286544]In 2017, we lost our beloved sheltie, Setter, at the age of 17. We still had Daisy, a choc lab, and Fonzie, a dachshund.

You can't beat those eyes when they look at you like that! We had to put our 12 yo golden down in June 2018, her name was Daisy.
Now we have Lucy, 30kg (65#) of teenager, nuff said!

Welcome to the forum from Ontario.

Geoff, Francesca & the bundle of fur.

2013 F150 Screw, 6.2L gasser, HDPP, LT tyres, Firestone Air Bags, 250L aux tank.
2013 Rockwood Signature 8310SS

wabakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 08:27 AM   #125

we have 3 dogs, but only one travels with us. Bubba and Yeti are english bulldogs, and Karma is our German Shepard. Bubba and Yeti haven't traveled with us, yet, mainly due to a couple issues.

one is our camper isn't big enough for all 3 dogs, my wife, myself, and two kiddos.

Bubba LOVES the ladies and hoomans, but doesn't like boy dogs. Yeti is content with anyone and anything, but we can't leave just Bubba behind and take his girlfriends. So Yeti stays with him to keep him company (we have friends that stop by and feed/let them out).

Karma will be 1 next month. We got her for the breed. I travel sometimes and want my girls safe, and we wanted a dog that would actually be trained!

First one is of Karma and our Tiny Hooman. Their bond has been nothing but amazing since the day we got Karma. We adopted TH last year, and is deemed special needs due to fetal alcohol syndrome. In this photo she is actually 2 years old!

2nd is of Bubba my handsome Man

3rd is Yeti sticking her tongue out
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2541[1].jpg
Views:	56
Size:	596.1 KB
ID:	227309   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3371.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	442.0 KB
ID:	227310   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3803.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	293.2 KB
ID:	227311  
OutlanderWolfPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 08:40 AM   #126
Fully COVID-19 vaccinated

I had bulldog named Bubba. I had to find him a new home when my wife got sick.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 08:48 AM   #127

Fur babies

When my first baby was a baby, we got a shepherd. Mostly because I liked the breed. He bonded with her and became really protective.
When he would get tired of her pulling on hin he would hide under my bed. Found them both in the kitchen one time. She has smeared a stick of butter all over him. He just layed there and let her.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:05 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqparalegal1 View Post
When my first baby was a baby, we got a shepherd. Mostly because I liked the breed. He bonded with her and became really protective.
When he would get tired of her pulling on hin he would hide under my bed. Found them both in the kitchen one time. She has smeared a stick of butter all over him. He just layed there and let her.
TH can do whatever she wants to all of her fur siblings. Karma aka Marma will just lick TH's face and then walk off. When we go on walks Karma is ALWAYS right beside the stroller. If we purposely keep her behind and my wife pushes the stroller away, she will pull light a freight train until she gets next to her TH and then will pace herself next to it with a limp leash.
OutlanderWolfPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:20 AM   #129
MCTroy

Outlanderwolfpup, love your pup pics! And your hooman little girl is a cutie too.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dogs