Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2015, 12:49 PM   #1

Any positive about camper world

I am going to purchase a rockwood 8325ss camper and am between two dealers. I will be be leaving for fl in jan 2016 from chicago, il with new camper and should i need warrenty work camping world is all over the place or would an independent dealer in fl be able to take care of any warrenty work?
Raymond
RAYSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:54 PM   #2

From experience ... if CW was the only RV dealer on the planet ... I'd stick with a tent and a 5 day cooler.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:56 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
From experience ... if CW was the only RV dealer on the planet ... I'd stick with a tent and a 5 day cooler.
That is true comedy! I must say we don't have Camping World up here but another chain RV retailer comes to mind.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:51 PM   #4
Site Team

We had a pretty good experience with Camping World buying our last RV and I would give them a try again when I get ready for another one.

The problem with trying to get an independent dealer to do warranty work is that there isn't any type of agreement between Forest River and the dealers to do any warranty work on units that they don't sell. At least with Camping World, they will do warranty work on your unit no matter which one you bought it at.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:08 PM   #5

Go to RV.net. It is a forum owned by camping world. All I can say by reading the posts and my personal dealings with them is stay clear. But again, they do a high volume of sales and you only hear the negative. And I do hear some good about certain ones. Do your research.
rblake39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:20 PM   #6

Some RV dealers will not do warranty on RVs that they didn't sell. At least that is what they say when you tell them that you are buying elsewhere because of price. But if you buy from a dealer and then you are far from there and have an issue who will repair it?
I have spoke with people who have had issues away from the dealer that they bought from and other dealers have done the repair work without any problem.
I have bought from Camping World and my current fiver is from Camping World and when I needed to take it in for warranty work they always say that they are busy and to bring it in a month. Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:20 PM   #7

From my own experience I too would stay clear from Camping World. Even after sale was complete they threatened to come and take camper back if. I didn't give them more
Money because they didn't like my trade in even though I was open honest and they got in the condition I told them it was in.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
2016 Heritage Glen 368rlbh
Dinostop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #8

Camping world

Camping World quit doing warranty work on Forest River products back in summer unless you bought from CW but anybody that does work on Forest River can do so if they wish and anybody is better than CW
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #9

Store is good. Online, customer support, and trailers, not so much.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:34 PM   #10

The Ft. Meyers dealer wanted $500 to check out my trade in which was less than a year old.
mguymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:55 PM   #11

We had a very positive experience with Camping World in Columbia, MO in the purchase of our new Flagstaff. No hidden costs whatsoever.

I understand the concern stated above, as I was also in touch with a different Camping World in Iowa who wanted $1500 to do a PDI, fill the propane and "give" me batteries for my rig.

Bottomline, not every Camping World has the same standards and practices. If you're in the area of the Camping World in Columbia, MO, they were amazing.

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L

RalphieAdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:59 PM   #12

There is no worse RV dealer, online store, RV service or customer service than Camping World.

Stay local, but stay away from Camping World.

Bruce
Old 11-06-2015, 01:15 PM   #13

Granted their stores have lotsa stuff, but what burns me about their stores is many times you can buy cheaper at CW online yet they never will offer that up as you stand in front of the cash register. I was buying a product with my "whoopie Elite CW Membership" that i got when I bought my fiver. They rang it up with the Elite discount and it was still higher than online. I told them the online price and begrudgingly they matched it. Besides ... a savy shopper can most always beat CW's prices if you just spend a few minutes comparing. Some buy from CW stores no matter the price as it was handy for them at the time.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:22 PM   #14

I have has a disastrous experience with the Camping World in Grain Valley, Mo. I have interacted with the sales and service staff, and all of them acted like they were doing me a favor by speaking with me. I absolutely love my Flagstaff TT and it practically sold itself, but for service or assistance after the sale, I would do better having the local middle school shop class work on it...
TV=1997 F250 Powerstroke
manual tranny/commercial 19.5 tires / Rickson Wheels
Edge CTS Tuner/K&N Cold Air/4 inch exhaust
patrickwstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYSR View Post
I am going to purchase a rockwood 8325ss camper and am between two dealers. I will be be leaving for fl in jan 2016 from chicago, il with new camper and should i need warrenty work camping world is all over the place or would an independent dealer in fl be able to take care of any warrenty work?
Raymond kalinsky
No problem for to find a dealer to do warranty work here NW Arkansas maybe just lucky. Anything that CW sells almost all dealers will beat their prices Amazon is cheaper and delivery time is lot shorter. As for service or repair work not so good.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #16

For what it's worth, we have never had a negative issue with our local Camping World. When we bought our first motorhome from them, being "newbies" (and, I must admit a bit due to our lack of knowledge about motorhomes - we'd only had travel trailers), they actually bent over backwards to educate us on the use/storage switch, and all the other "stuff" our travel trailer didn't have. Even though it was a used unit when we purchased it, they came to our home when we couldn't get it to "do anything", got it started, and took it back to CW to check it out. Again, it was our fault, but they stood behind their sale and there was no charge to us. When we purchased our current MH from Lazy Days, we had a Splendide installed by them and, after leaving their store and getting several states away, we found it didn't work - got home and called Splendide (Lazy Days said to bring it back to Tampa - uh, no). Splendide told us to take the MH to CW who diagnosed the problem, ordered the part, and we had the MH back within a week. All no charge from CW.

As far as cheaper prices online - assuming you mean the Internet specials - all you have to do is show them the price for on your phone, and they have always made the price adjustment there.

We have never experienced any issues when placing orders online as well. The product(s) that weren't available in our local CW were always shipped promptly.

As you know, there are lots of people that like to vent online and bash companies. If I ever had an issue with CW, I would express my concerns at the time they occurred with the proper management personnel - not online. At the same time, I don't mind giving credit where credit is due. Camping World must be doing something right most of the time - they've Ben around a long time and many people, including me, keep going to their stores.

You need to do what you, and you alone, feel is right for you.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:55 PM   #17

Camping world

I have been doing business with CW since 2003 and I can tell you it is not the same in sales or service as it once was I have spent many thousands of dollars not counting the purchase of motor homes I still continue to order accessories from them as that is the best option for me but they have gone to hell in a hand basket
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:17 PM   #18

Spring 2014 Ft Myers CW.
I called and said I needed warranty work on my2014 FR AC unit. I was traveling would they give me an AM appointment at a certain date/time. "Sure" no problem.
Walk in the door 8am and they charged me $190 .....Before they would even look at it in case it was not under "Warranty" I should have ran out the door.
By 5 0 clock I had a new thermostat for another $85.....yes 8 hours later...
Their excuse after taking my money was they had to send the thermostat back to FR and then get a replacement by mail.. so in a week they would finish the project...or charge me for the work....

2018 8329 SS Rockwood /260watts solar
Grn_Mtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:21 PM   #19

If we were on the road, and our Lexi broke down directly in front of a CW, and I couldn't get it going myself, I would have it towed to any other repair facility.
Even Happy Harry's RV, Boat, and Yugo Repairs, before I would let anyone at CW look at it.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYSR View Post
Raymond kalinsky
I think I know the Camping World dealer that you will be dealing with! I almost purchased our 2016 Cedar Creek 34RL from them at the RV show held in Feb at the Rosemount convention center. Instead I purchased from a local dealer Timber View RV, this dealer was also at the show and the price was very competitive. The trailer has had a couple of issue which Timber View resolved for us. With nothing causing us any grief on our 28 day 5,000 mile trip out west this fall. If we had had a major issue I would have contacted Forest River directly for a local dealer to resolve any issues that would have come up.

The reason I didn't buy from Camping World was I did not feel good in dealing with them. I made sure I had all my fingers have shanking hands with the salesman! To me he seem like a typical use car salesman that would try to sell you a car that was only driven by grandma on Sunday to church.

Just my $0.02

Tags
camper