Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2020, 03:29 PM   #21

I recommend that you consult a top-notch attorney specializing in consumer fraud cases. Good luck.

Phil & Joanne
zj178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 03:49 PM   #22

Dealer troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
That being said, I only use dealers for the initial sale, and then never see any of them again.
Use independent, service only shops after the sale, you will be much happier...
Ditto that!
SantaFe big sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 06:45 PM   #23
"Curmudgeon"

Send a message via MSN to Trawlerphil Send a message via Yahoo to Trawlerphil
He probably meant "Jimmy Buffet"....
2018 F-150 4X4 Max tow EcoBoost 3.5
2020 Tesla Model Y
Trawlerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:21 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trawlerphil View Post
He probably meant "Jimmy Buffet"....
ROFLMAO!!!!! Nice one.....
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:37 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj178 View Post
I recommend that you consult a top-notch attorney specializing in consumer fraud cases. Good luck.
Horrible Idea, and would serve no purpose. This isn't fraud, and forest river most undoubtedly handles their warranty issues with no issue.
Yillbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:40 PM   #26

Quote:
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:39 PM   #27

Quote:
I must be missing where the fraud is here. Will you explain it to us?
Old 07-04-2020, 10:18 PM   #28

Many States have consumer protection laws which do not require that the seller have specific intent to defraud the customer. It is simply defined that way in the stature. My state, NJ, has such law. It provides incentive to the seller to resolve the claim.They could be required to pay not only three times the cost of repairs (called treble damages), but also your attorneys fees, and an amount equal to the value of the loss of your use during their delay.
Most attorney consults are free and some take the cases on a contingent fee or % so you don't advance any cash. They are like lemon law claims for cars.
zj178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:45 AM   #29
PhD, Common Sense

I am with the people who advocate going through the appropriate FR division.

If you do need to seek outside help, Harvey Levin repeatedly advocates going through your State’s licensing or oversight agency for the type of business involved. I wouldn’t know what that is in your State, or if there even is one. Just throwing out some food for thought.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:28 AM   #30

I think one of the main 'issues' here is the idea that 'leaving' your RV with a dealer is somehow going to get your service/warranty done faster. The problem is that now it is simply just another RV sitting on their lot. It can easily become a 'we'll get to that one next' project, but which sits and sits because other 'pressing things' become more important. The other RV that just arrived gets preferential treatment because those owners are THERE, standing at the counter, asking for service right then. They are not going to 'leave' their RV. It's understandable that this is also why you see and hear about some dealers only services 'what they sale', even though it's the same 'brand' you purchased at another dealer. Dealers can very easily get overwhelmed with service and warranty work, so it's up to US owners to make sure we do our best to 'convince' them that 'our' RV is of the most concern, right here, right now, today.

My best advice: Don't leave your RV at a dealer. Period.

Make them give you a SPECIFIC day to bring your RV for service, and ONLY after they have ALL the parts to do ANY work specified. There should be no calling of names or suggesting that the factory 'somehow' did not 'ship' them the part, or such nonsense.

OR, you go to ANOTHER Dealer, SHOP, or mobile RV repair dealer, who just might realize your importance and make you a priority.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:22 AM   #31

I have friends that work in the auto repair industry. Your RV has been in service for a long time and dealership does bear some of that responsibility, however there is a process most places follow.
1) just because you took your RV in on a certain date doesn’t mean they start working on it that date. You were probably placed in line behind service work that came in before yours. Larger shops might have a service\parts guy that does inspections and orders parts before service. That was a rare commodity in pre pandemic work force.
2)warranty work takes approval ( perhaps they started but have had to get multiple approvals based on the extensive damage) You can call us Sunseeker and see how their process works and if they filed anything and if they did when.
3)Once parts are ordered and arrived all work on other projects isn’t just stopped they try to finish what they started. Not only so they don’t have so many projects going but bay space is a vital and scarce resource.
4) It has been my observation that many smaller to medium size dealerships. Pull maintenance people to do the PDI. They just aren’t going to pay a person to do strictly PDI. Selling trailers is how they make money so it will come first. You can read on line or on forum RV sales are at a current all time high ( or at least selling faster than normal) means more PDI
5) I assume part of those 7 months your counting are Covid-19 months and if you were in a waiting line to get fixed then yes 7 months based on the severity and covid might be a reasonable timeframe. That is why many people use private services
Old 07-05-2020, 08:45 AM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Contact Forest River if he dealer fails. I had my Wildcat with cracked side walls and a faded nose after a year. They picked it up from Michigan and brought it to the factory. It got two new side walls and a new nose. After a month they brought it to me in Arizona. No cost at all. It's worth a call to FR.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:48 AM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
Contact Forest River if he dealer fails. I had my Wildcat with cracked side walls and a faded nose after a year. They picked it up from Michigan and brought it to the factory. It got two new side walls and a new nose. After a month they brought it to me in Arizona. No cost at all. It's worth a call to FR.
Now that we know it's a Sunseeker, I'd contact the Sunseeker division, not FR.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:44 PM   #34
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 901Hunt View Post
***Pay attention to warranty/service reviews. They speak to the true nature of a company. Any retailer can put up a façade to make a sale.***

I apologize for the situation. I have forwarded this post to the GM for Sunseeker. They are already looking into the details surrounding this. They may have already reached out, but if not, please message me the last 6 of the VIN.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 03:24 PM   #35

Smile dealer issues

I used to work for a bank. If I made a bad loan I had to try and collect on it. They taught us that people will try to relieve what causes them stress in their job. Told us be nice and ask a lot of questions and call back every day.

E.g. call service manager "Hi this Joe my RV is in your service department. You told me yesterday you were waiting on parts. I was calling to see if you have received the parts" he says he doesn't know. "I can hold while you check with them to see if the parts arrived" "you'll call me back ok my number is 12345669, when do you think you can get back to me?" " after lunch okay". "Hi this is Joe again, I might have missed your call after lunch, did the parts arrive". Meanwhile call the parts department and annoy them too. "How long does it usually take to get parts" ask a lot of dumb questions just to burn up their time. "Ok I'll check back with you later today to see if UPS came this afternoon, if they come in today can you start tomorrow morning". "Did UPS come this afternoon oh your getting ready to close, I'll drop by in the morning to see if they came in".

After about a week or two of this they might just be dying to get your RV out of their service department.

Another tactic that can be effective is to go down to the dealership and sit outside the service department and talk to everyone who walks in and tell them your story. Chat it up with the sales people so that any customers nearby can hear your story. Had to do that with a Flooring company one time. Went in with a store full of customers and very politely kept asking when, kept reminding them of the promises they made and didn't keep. They were out to finish the job the next day.

Polite friendly stress works wonders.
SantaFe big sky is offline   Reply With Quote