Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2022, 07:37 PM   #1

Camping World of Concord... UGH

I've been around long enough to know that in general, CW's suck.... Unfortunately for me, that's really the only place that sucks less than some of the other dealers around here.

It was because of that dealership (used to be Tom Johnson's) that I had to sell my Newmar. Nevermind it was a POS but on 4 different occasions I asked the AGS be left on and 4 different times they never turned it on and my food spoiled. Maggots and flies filled my refrigerator the last time and I could never get the smell out of it, that was the final straw so I bought my DX3.

One of the times I picked up my DX3, it was pouring down rain, I picked it up and immediately left for my trip. I pulled into get fuel and while I was under the convering, I had the opportunity to check out my RV. Someone at the dealership ran it into (I presume) a dumpster... it had green paint on it and my paint was messed up. I still haven't fixed it... ugh.

Well today I took it in for a list of things that I need done. ie. aqua hot, generator oil change, loose tile replaced, two panels that need nailed, etc, etc...

They charged me $74.50 diagnostic fee for changing the fluid in the aqua hot, $74.50 diagnostic fee for the oil change, again for replacing the tile, and on and on and on...

Please tell me why I am being charged a diagnostic fee to change my oil? Or replace the tile, etc, etc???

What are you diagnosing?? You already have a set rate for labor and parts, there's no diagnosing going on. I told them I wanted the tile replaced, why the hell are you charging me a diagnostic fee, IT'S CRACKED you moron, there's your diagnostic. The woman said, we have to get the VIN number, call the manufacturer and order the part. I said "seriously?? I own a bodyshop, when I have to look up the VIN number, get the production date and order the part, do I charge a "diagnostic fee".... CRAZY...

These freaking dealers are going to be the death of me yet.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 08:28 AM   #2

As the owner of a body shop you know you should never have work done without an upfront listing of costs. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 10:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
As the owner of a body shop you know you should never have work done without an upfront listing of costs. JMHO
I didn't.... that's how the lady and I got into it. I wanted to see all the crap she was trying to push it on me.

Mark
Old 01-14-2022, 04:43 AM   #4

Starting to see a huge pattern with CW. Prob is that it's on the Neg side. CW of Ft Myers same thing. 2 weeks to actual taking delivery , mostly cos they never did any work prior to delivery. Then when they did only did part of it. My area we have La Mesa. aka well over priced RV's. North Trail who never puts $$ on website. . Few Little dealerships with no ability to do any major work if needed.
wildmanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:16 PM   #5

Concord where?

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:15 AM   #6

NC, near Charlotte.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Concord where?
Sorry, NC....
Old 01-16-2022, 01:19 PM   #8

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
Sorry, NC....
Thanks for the warning. I avoid CW whenever possible. Given Amazon 2-day delivery anywhere, that's pretty easy to do.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 09:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Thanks for the warning. I avoid CW whenever possible. Given Amazon 2-day delivery anywhere, that's pretty easy to do.
I agree but for services that I am either unable to do, is covered under warranty, I don't have a lot of resources available. It's ridiculous.

Mark
Old 01-17-2022, 09:42 AM   #10
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
I agree but for services that I am either unable to do, is covered under warranty, I don't have a lot of resources available. It's ridiculous.

Mark
Call a mobile tech.

Days Camped: '17=38 '18=49 '19=58 '20=110 '21=116 '22=27
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 09:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Call a mobile tech.
I do sometimes... he doesn't deal with extended warranty stuff and he's so damn hard to get in touch with. Getting in touch with mobile techs is like getting in touch with strippers, tattoo artists or painters, they're either too busy, too drunk or too high. LOL.
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM   #12

CW

The last straw w/ me was the refused to order a $20 part for me unless they did the repair. I believe in was a door strut that was a regular shelf item they had been out of for 3 months. They then suggested I drive 30 miles to another competitors business to get the part. Justice, they went out of business at that location.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, camping world