Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2021, 06:36 AM   #1

Camping World of Ft Myers

Great place to see units, decide on what you like , which class rv ect.
Buying experience -5. sales person +3. Finance person lets just say he almost lost the sale, i really wanted to knock all his teeth out. He tried to sell me Warranty, said that once i leave the lot i would have no warranty. (It was a brand new unit).2021.
After 1st walk thru, list made of touch up / repairs.. week go buy to sign paper work nothing was done. 3 days later some of it done. They all (management) said they were sorry was a lack of communication . HAHAH. I must of told atleast 6 ppl that one this date i be back to take delivery. excuses an so many I'm sorry , just not a really good dealership. but my alternative was la mesa and i'm not a fan of them.
wildmanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:13 AM   #2

Your observation of the finance person at this RV dealership can be applied to most all types of dealers like auto. I've had many a run-ins with finance people on extended warranties, extras like paint protectors, etc. They must get kick backs in a big way. On my latest large purchase, I was laid it down ahead of time that there would be no add-ons and to process as is and not even ask. It worked....was a better experience.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:32 AM   #3

To bad you had that experience I would be concerned if they were like that up front what will happen in the future with warranty work if you need it. I guess I had the wrong impression of Florida I assumed there were tons of dealers around.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmanabe View Post
Great place to see units, decide on what you like , which class rv ect.
Buying experience -5. sales person +3. Finance person lets just say he almost lost the sale, i really wanted to knock all his teeth out. He tried to sell me Warranty, said that once i leave the lot i would have no warranty. (It was a brand new unit).2021.
After 1st walk thru, list made of touch up / repairs.. week go buy to sign paper work nothing was done. 3 days later some of it done. They all (management) said they were sorry was a lack of communication . HAHAH. I must of told at least 6 ppl that one this date i be back to take delivery. excuses an so many I'm sorry , just not a really good dealership. but my alternative was la mesa and I'm not a fan of them.
I had to smile when I read your post. I live a short distance from that Camping World. Traded my 06 Newmar 3910 two years ago for a FR FR3 attempting to downsize after years of driving big DPs. Same experience! Wanted to sell me everything, same trash talking about warranty, etc. Hated the rig, hated everything about it. Biggest mistake of my life. Went to LA Mesa RV right around the corner and traded, went back to a DP, but smaller 34'. Good experience. Could have gone to North Trail at the next exit, but had a bad experience with them for maintenance on my Newmar 3910 years ago. To be perfectly honest, I dislike Camping World except for small items I need e.g., tank chemicals. Been with them forever; long before they ever started selling RV's. Now that's what they do. I have stopped at a store when travelling to pick up some item and could not find a place to park due to all the RV's for sale parked all over the place. Had an window awning installed year ago and it was installed crooked. They sell a lot of junk, trinkets, and gadgets for new RV owners. Bigger just "ain't" better in more ways than one. I have found the items I need at Walmart cheaper.
JimBath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 11:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
To bad you had that experience I would be concerned if they were like that up front what will happen in the future with warranty work if you need it. I guess I had the wrong impression of Florida I assumed there were tons of dealers around.
LOL, R U kidding me? There at least six at exits 141 and 139. No idea why he went to CW, That is the last place he should went. IMHO.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:24 PM   #6

A few years ago went to North Trail looked at several used DPs. Salesman took down info on several we were interested in since it was past closing. After a few days on no calls from him we called him. Several times over the next week plus....nothing. wouldn't go to CW just heard too many bad things. Check out several more before going to LaMesa heard some good some bad but figured I've heard that of many other dealers so looked at several DPs. Sales lady was great service dept. did a great job fixing any issues. Now on my 2nd from them same sales lady and their service dept. Still does a good job. No regrets and also none recommending them. Of course I'm only talking about our experience. We're happy after more than 2 years .
Great Granddaughter - Cora (1 y/o)
Phillip (son)/Charlotte (5 y/o)
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:37 AM   #7

Well the truth is that Florida is only good for the Temps.... The Con-Artist Paradise for sure
During last 7 yrs or so went to all the dealerships mention. Sometimes was really close to making a deal, LaMessa had good one going, Me/Salesman had agreed on just about all of it, finance guy (different than previous mention) said well i see u getting new tires, well someone got to pay for them an it isn't us, (Me/Salesman agreed i would buy if they put on new tires seeing the DOT code was about to expire an tires looked it). So no deal there. Had an awesome deal at North Trail. But 44ft DP would fit in my back yrd. To sum it up It all comes down to Which sales person u get, Few times had a (never been in RV sales b4). Salesperson. 0 for 2 on the finance guy.
PS for you guys that live close to CW. i'm out on Pine Island.
Abe.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Well the truth is that Florida is only good for the Temps.... The Con-Artist Paradise for sure
During last 7 yrs or so went to all the dealerships mention. Sometimes was really close to making a deal, LaMessa had good one going, Me/Salesman had agreed on just about all of it, finance guy (different than previous mention) said well i see u getting new tires, well someone got to pay for them an it isn't us, (Me/Salesman agreed i would buy if they put on new tires seeing the DOT code was about to expire an tires looked it). So no deal there. Had an awesome deal at North Trail. But 44ft DP would fit in my back yrd. To sum it up It all comes down to Which sales person u get, Few times had a (never been in RV sales b4). Salesperson. 0 for 2 on the finance guy.
PS for you guys that live close to CW. i'm out on Pine Island.
Abe.
Now that doesn't sound like the LaMesa I know and dealt with for my 2 DPs over the last 3 years. New set of tires on both of them plus all new oil & filters for the engine, generator and aquahot. I'm mean each and every filter air, fuel, oil, etc.. and I checked to make sure. Otherwise no deal but it just proves that some can have great luck with same dealers while others can't. Its why IMHO is from personal experience. Not sure why they don't treat everyone the same.
Great Granddaughter - Cora (1 y/o)
Phillip (son)/Charlotte (5 y/o)
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:55 AM   #9

For sure. like i said, could be the salesperson. or amt they making on the deal. Or how bad they need to make a sale.. Lived in fla since 03, what i learned in the yrs is that trust no one. That goes for anything, builders, electricians, plumbers, ect... But i did luck out with an awesome friend who owns a plumbing company, I'm an IT guy, we do free trade offs. I fix his pc''s an he fixes my plumbing issues.
Old 12-06-2021, 03:26 PM   #10

Quote:
For sure. like i said, could be the salesperson. or amt they making on the deal. Or how bad they need to make a sale.. Lived in fla since 03, what i learned in the yrs is that trust no one. That goes for anything, builders, electricians, plumbers, ect... But i did luck out with an awesome friend who owns a plumbing company, I'm an IT guy, we do free trade offs. I fix his pc''s an he fixes my plumbing issues.
IT guy, where are you, I NEED one.
Jim N.Ft. Myers
Old 12-06-2021, 03:59 PM   #11

Sent u a pm with phone num call me

Tags
2021, 29irl, arctic wolf, camping, camping world