Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2017, 08:26 AM   #1

Central Ohio Ford dealer

My 2017 GT has been at a Ford dealer for over a month for a rear differential oil leak. Do any of you have a recommendation for a Ford dealer that can handle a 35' motorhome and won't take, 35 days now and counting, to make the repair? I figured two weeks would give them plenty of time as I know I am low priority with a motorhome. I am in central Ohio.
Patrickgt350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:43 AM   #2

so assuming it is a warranted repair?

are they awaiting parts? or what is the problem?

any Ford dealer that handles medium duty trucks should be able to work on it...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickgt350 View Post
My 2017 GT has been at a Ford dealer for over a month for a rear differential oil leak. Do any of you have a recommendation for a Ford dealer that can handle a 35' motorhome and won't take, 35 days now and counting, to make the repair? I figured two weeks would give them plenty of time as I know I am low priority with a motorhome. I am in central Ohio.

I took mine to Rickart down off route 33. They do all the fords for city etc and have a large bay for RV’s.

Took it in for just oil change but they went over everything and I got 6 months road side included no charge. Even spent time working with me to figure out what valve stem extensions I needed to use for the new TPMS.

Neighbor uses them for his rental class a’s as well and said they are best around.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:18 AM   #4

Yes- warranty repair. I called last week and they haven't even gotten it in yet so I don't know what the hold up is.

I don't need it right now it's just that it is sitting at a dealer unprotected and not winterized yet.

This is the first non-rv dealer repair and the time seems exorbitant.
Patrickgt350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Yes- warranty repair. I called last week and they haven't even gotten it in yet so I don't know what the hold up is.

I don't need it right now it's just that it is sitting at a dealer unprotected and not winterized yet.

This is the first non-rv dealer repair and the time seems exorbitant.
Take it elsewhere, especially if the don’t have a big bay.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Unfortunately I became an expert dealing with the lemon law in my state this year. Every state is a little different but a quick review of Ohio's laws shows that you already qualify...as in the only thing remaining to happen is the paperwork and time.

Right from Ohio's regs: REMEDIES UNDER THE OHIO LEMON LAW

REPURCHASE OF OWNED VEHICLE The Ohio lemon law sets out the following amounts that a manufacturer must pay when it repurchases an owned vehicle under the lemon law: 1. The contract price for the motor vehicle, including charges for transportation, undercoating, dealer-installed options and accessories, dealer services, dealer preparation and delivery charges; 2. All finance, credit insurance, warranty and service contract charges incurred by the consumer; 3. All sales tax, license and registration fees, and similar government charges; 4. All incidental damages, including but not limited to • any reasonable fees charged by the lender for making or canceling the loan; and • any expenses incurred by the consumer as a result of the nonconformity, such as charges for towing, vehicle rental, meals, and lodging. Refunds must be made to the consumer, or jointly to the consumer and any lienholder that appears on the face of the certificate of title. The lienholder may deduct the balance owing to it, including any fees charged for canceling the loan, and must immediately remit the balance, if any, to the consumer and cancel the loan.

The process takes a while but you will be using your vehicle for free with your choice of them buying the vehicle back or replacing it when it gets settled. Or possibly them paying you for the inconvenience if you keep it. I've never used a lawyer before this experience and didn't care for it this time but I will never let a manufacturer slide again...they will be required to conform to the law.

Ohio's regs are very aggressive and just calling customer service will likely light a giant fire under someone's rear.

Save all paperwork. Get things rolling by calling Ford customer service. Read Ohio's law -you may be able to get a lawyer paid for by the manufacturer. My state is different and I didn't review your entire law but the only thing it cost in my state is time.

I could write a book on this subject but I'll spare you the details unless you want them...in that case send me a PM and we can talk via phone.

Good luck.

https://www.bbb.org/us/Storage/16/Do...-LLsummary.pdf

Tags
dealer, ford, ohio