Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2017, 02:50 PM   #1

Colerain RV in Indy (Sorry it's long)

I just bought a 2017 Forest River Flagstaff 205. First off, this whole process has been nothing but horrible. Our initial visit when we were looking was good. Sales Renee was friendly and knowledgeable. We filled out credit application and was told we would have it by Friday morning. Being anxious buyers excited about the camper we couldn't wait for approval. Friday morning came and at 10am I called and asked about it. I was told not yet. They would call when it was finished. Friday 4pm came and I called again.. Not yet.. Our lady is working on it.
So Saturday comes and around noon we go to the dealership and after waiting an hour, the sales manager came and told us we were approved. We schedule our pickup date a few weeks out because they are putting A/C unit on it. On the 24th we arrive at 4pm for our 4:30p
appt. We thought since we got there early, we might get in a little early because we are excited about it. 4:30p comes, 440p comes and I ask the sale manager if she's ready for us. He said, She just called me and is almost ready for you. 5pm comes and I'm pretty ticked off. I got up again and he said, our computers went down a little bit ago, you can go back to service and they will DEMO your camper to you. The guy who is giving us the DEMO really didn't know a lot about the camper. He said, we only sell about 10 pop ups a year. Anyways we get it done.. go back up to front and wait another 10 minutes then get in and sign all paper work. About 6:30p we are finally done and go out side waiting for them to bring our camper. About 6:45p they bring it up and we ask the kid if the keys and paperwork are all in the camper.. he doesn't know. We got back in and a lady comes out and says yes, they should be. They were.
We get it home and a few days later we are loading it up for our camping trip on 7/28. On Thursday evening, I am lowering the camper(it has electric up and down) and it quits lowering. The toggle switch won't do anything. I check everything and still nothing. Then it starts pouring on us so we have to cover it up. Friday morning I call around 9am and talk with service and he is short handed but will call me back and let me know if they can send someone out. At noon I don't hear anything but I take off work so I can try and figure it out. When I get home a guy is working on it (which I am very thankful, Sydney was awesome) He says the board went out and another piece that I cant' remember, but he shows me how to manual raise and lower it. Brand new camper I am very frustrated but we try to make the most out of it. We leave and go to Brown County park. The A/C quits about about an hour of working. I trace it and the outlet the A/C plugs into behind the fuse panel is burned up. The sink drain drains soo slow. The cabinet with the sink and stove that you raise after the camper is popped up is messed up. you have to lift and push toward the rear of the camper to lift it.
I called Colerain this morning 7/31 and ask to speak to the Sales Manager. The lady who answers the phone ask why and I tell her that I want a new camper, this one is junk. She is very rude and says no, you need to talk to service. I say no, I would like to speak to Chris and she says no. After a minute or arguing I'm like fine..whatever.. I'll talk with the service manager.

Spending $12,000 on a brand new camper I was excited about. But with the customer service of Colerain RV in Indy, they have taken the excitement out of this camper. I work in customer service and I know how to treat someone. I don't understand the treatment we have received. I guess we should of spent 100,000 and maybe they would treat us better.

They picked it up today, can't look at it until Thursday if they get time, otherwise Friday. They gotta order parts. No time line when we will get it back. I'm about to tell them to keep it and we'll get another one from a different place.
giggity3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:20 PM   #2

Maybe it's Colerain?

Similar experiences with Colerain in Cincinnati Ohio, and Lexington, KY. Nothing but horror stories about scheduling promises, parts order delays and more. Bought a new RV from another dealer (CW) and will just never go to a Colerain again. BTW, a couple times for parts (after weeks delays from Colerain), I went directly to Forest River. They were fast and apologized for Colorain.

Jim
HAM CALLSIGN - AI4SR
EE, IBMer, Race Car Builder, now Retired.
Jim Schings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:33 AM   #3

Yes, supposedly they ordered the part on July 28th and it's still not in stock. I emailed Tim at Forest River to try and see what's going on with the parts to see if they are out of stock. Looks like we will have to use our drill to raise and lower the camper again this weekend...
giggity3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:44 PM   #4

Our experiences with Coleraine in Indy are 180 degrees opposed to yours. We have purchased 2 units from them in 5 years and we couldn't speak higher of them.

Sales with Renee was great...she knows her stuff and seems to be knowledgeable about all the lines they carry.

Service...not one complaint. Actually, our camper is there right now getting a couple minor warranty issues taken care of and installing a slide topper. They called me today to give me an update and tell me it would be done in a couple days.

PDIs were done by techs who prepped the units prior to us arriving. They knew the units and were able to demonstrate the features.

I have recommended them to several people and their experiences seem to mirror ours.

Sorry about your bad encounters but we couldn't ask for a better dealer.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:01 PM   #5

Colerain's had bought out my dealer here in Muncie IN in July 2017. They now use that facility here in Muncie as a Distribution/PDI center for their dealerships. So when a unit comes from the factory in northern Indiana it goes there first before it hits one of their sales lots
Barmstrong77 is offline   Reply With Quote