Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2022, 07:55 PM   #1

Couches RV Nation

We just picked up our new 2023 42FSKG (our second 5ver) with Drake being our sales rep. He kept us informed when the rv was being shipped and how long they needed. We arrived there about 7:30 and found that the gate was open so we pulled in and waited. We spent about 5 hours going over it and only found a kinked cold water line going to the washer that they quickly replaced while getting blasted with hot and cold air as I was testing HVAC. The only other thing that I had to do was air pressure. All six were different and brought them all up. We left there and went down the road to the KOA for two days double checking everything and making sure all still worked as did in the shop. Great experience and what a savings compared to other dealers. I highly recommend Couches.
TennTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 07:23 PM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Our experience picking up our new Cedar Creek 345IK in August was similar. Brian was our salesman and graciously worked through a couple small concerns we had on inspection.

We too took about 5 hours to do the PDI/Customer Orientation and then also stayed at the KOA to go over everything we could.

We've had a couple smaller warranty items since and while they weren't quick getting us replacement parts, they did finally follow through.

This was our 1st purchase there but I'd buy there again and recommend folks give them a look.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Forest River Forums mobile app

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 09:22 AM   #3

I've bought 2 units from couches . had minor issues both times . the last one was a lesson learned go pick up unit yourself . the 2 nd time i had it delivered and trusted the sale guy and took him for his word never again and never use clayton baker as your sales person . alway go and pick up the unit or at least plan a trip to go over unit yourself ..would still buy from them again I would do it different though .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 09:46 AM   #4

Quick update

When we picked up the RV we noticed the kitchen ceiling changed for 2023 and the range hood was gone(or so I thought). I happened to watch a walk-through on another 2023 filmed at Couches a few days later and noticed the ceiling change as in ours but it still had the range hood attached to the ceiling. I shot off an email to my Sales Rep Drake about the missing hood along with the link to the video shot there describing what was missing. He had me send him a pic of our kitchen and he is now going to Riverstone to get that hood. Yea! I don't mind installing it myself, easy job.

Thank you Drake Campbell.
TennTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 11:35 AM   #5

triple check pics to what you want. in 2008 i had to call and verify pics to model. i new what it was susposed to look like and pis where wrong, not all just some. Great dealership.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 07:23 AM   #6

Couches RV Nation

I learned on my 2nd RV that the factory changes items mid year on some models.
The brochure showed a high ceiling slide out with cabinets above the couch, we had a low ceiling without cabinets. Turns out ours was built before the brochure.
Our 3 Rv was purchased at Couches and we had a great experience. The tech showed us all the items they corrected before our PDI.