Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2022, 09:03 PM   #1

Couch's RV Nation

May 5th 2022 is when I purchased my 2022 Riverstone 42FSKG. First let me say not everyone has the same experience as me in dealing with RV Dealers but my experience with Couch’s RV Nation was a pleasant one.

I Placed the order with Couch’s RV Nation June 2021, I was not in any hurry to get the unit and knew that this unit was going to take 8 - 12 month to get built, I was updated throughout the process as to the status of the build and was even advised of a unit that was available that someone decided to back out on for a lower price, however it did not have all the options I wanted so I waited for my unit to get built.

I knew going into this that the price would most likely increase due to the pandemic, shortages and the poor economy. Well the unit came and I was advised that the price increased the dealer was willing to eat some of this cost which was pleasant surprise.

I advised the dealer that due to poor weather conditions and other factors that I was not able to pick up for at least an additional month and the dealer was fully understanding of my situation and willing to work with me in accommodating my time schedule.

Once I scheduled the appointment I stated I had a PDI form to go over the RV and I was going to take at least a day maybe longer to complete my inspection again the dealer was completely accommodating. The Day I arrived the dealer had the unit inside and ready for me to do my PDI I had a reprehensive go over the RV with me and explain things which took about 45 – 60 minutes.

At this point I started my PDI and went over every inch of the unit creating a list of things to get repaired before sighing any paperwork or handing over any down payments. As I found things to repair the techs worked on the items that I had found to be repaired and these items got repaired. I had a list of about 6-8 items to be address, no RV is perfect and things are missed at the manufacturing plants.

I ran the oven, stove, refrigerator, microwave, wash machine, dryer, dishwasher, air conditioners and furnace testing all air ducts with heat gun to make sure that the heating and cooling worked correctly. I highly recommend anyone doing an inspection or buying an RV to take the time to inspect their unit fully or get an RV inspector to do one for you.

I took two full days to complete my inspection which did include the repair work, Couch’s was accommodating and more then willing to get the items found repaired to my satisfaction. In fact, one of the items was the pin-box hitch which upon inspection was found to be bent and damaged as there was not a hitch in stock the dealer was able to pull one off a different unit on the lot and replace the damaged one on my unit with this good one (Great Customer Service)

I would like to thank Pappy, Brannon, Drake and the rest of Couch’s staff that helped me in my purchase of this RV.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6826.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	273617   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6817.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	273618   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6764.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	273619  
Retired Assistant Chief WestMetro Fire New Hope Mn
Doneuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 09:20 PM   #2

Nice to read a good one now and then

Sounds like a nice experience.

Enjoy the new rig and safe travels.
Old 05-21-2022, 05:29 AM   #3

Nice story and great idea with the heat gun!
Couch does a nice job and doesn’t rush the process.
Old 05-21-2022, 05:46 PM   #4

Have bought 2 units from couches the prices are good . I've never heard of them not taking a deposit on a unit . First one I bought was in 2015 went and picked up mayself did the pdi want on my way with very little hassle . other then hot headed Jeff Couch going off like a mad man because i pointed out the advertised furnace was not 20,000 btu at stated on his web site and forest rivers but was only 19,000 btu 5% less . he got over his tantrum came back and apologized for his out burst and got a sencond year warranty from FR . now the second unit i bought was this last spring needed it delivered at the end of March this was in February did the deal Clayton Baker was the salesmen and contact at Jeff's for this deal . Since they were keeping it for a over a month I asked that they go over the unit well and get the warranty issues done . Clayton Assured me they go over the units , clean them and it will be delivered in perfect shape . Well NOT so delivery was great and i thought reasonable But the unit had so many issues and not just minor ones that after dealing with the manufacture they agreed the unit had to go back to Factory to get the repairs done . AT least East to West stepped up and picked unit up and will be returning at their cost in a few more weeks .

If you get Clayton Baker answering the phone request another sales person as he is full of it and a liar . Couches is fine but go get your unit and do a through pdi . either way the deal is done and money deposited just for them to hold a unit that is in stock way before you go to pick unit up which is non refundable so if you have issues with a rv you will not get your deposit back . do your research and make sure you know how to do a pdi and check unit in person.
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote