RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-11-2017, 01:22 PM   #1

Dick Gore's RV World Jacksonville

Since this was my first purchase I don't have anything to compare it to, besides my expectations.
I expected to feel like stalked prey while on the lot. I expected several back and forths on price, managers getting involved, fuzzy math. I expected a huge upsell towards the end; extended warranty, additional services, parts, finance, add ons....

None of this happened?! We cam to a great price, IMO, very quickly. Paperwork was done in 10-15 min tops. PDI tech was good. Everyone was very cool, not "salesy" at all. I was very, very impressed. Not the same vibe I experience on other lots.

I would certainly recommend them. I dealt with Clyde.

Good luck!

2017 233s Shamrock
wardster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:47 PM   #2

x2 wardster. Great folks to deal with before, during & after the sale. Have purchased 2 TT's from them, 1 in Jax & the other in St. Augustine with equally good results. Wouldn't buy anywhere else.
Good luck & happy camping.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:48 PM   #3

Hello wardster

Congratulations on the new Shamrock.

In our shopping Dick Gores RV World was the best experience and we bought ours in the St Augustine location.

We did go to the Jacksonville store and talked with Clyde. He was very nice and knowledgable. In the end, the St Augustine store had the unit we wanted and we bought from Preston Tyson.

Same thing happened, good numbers, no big back and forth, great PDI walk through. I had shopped the wholesalers and knew where I wanted to be on the numbers, they hit so close it was a shock at first. They setup my new WDH just right, it was all good.

And best of all the Rockwood has been great. Had one minor issue, more user induced than material failure, service took care of us and made it easy.

Now we know why my DW's parents have bought two motorcoaches from Dick Gores RV World in Jacksonville. They know campers, they are professionals and they take care of you after the sale.

Happy Camping!

2017 F-350 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat 6.7L Diesel 3.55 Elec Locker Rear

2017 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2902WS
Herowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:17 AM   #4

We bought our A-Frame form Dick Gore's in Jacksonville last year. We dealt with Chuck Woodruff and had a GREAT experience too. Would recommend them to everyone who's looking to buy a camper/RV. We live in St. Petersburg and Gore's was the ONLY dealer in the SE to have the model/floor plan we wanted and they had just got their shipment, of this model, in the week before. Found it online at one price and by the time we were on our way there the model had a sale price on it, what a deal we got. PDI went good and they gave us a night at the near by RV park so we could check it out. Found two items needing adjustments and they had us come back in the next day and fixed them right away. A GREAT DEALERSHIP!
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:34 AM   #5

Goodness it is nice to hear of pleasant experiences when dealing with RV dealerships.
Congratulations Sir.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:46 PM   #6

Dick Gore

In 2014 we purchased our FR3 from Dick Gore in Savannah GA. We also had a great sales experience. No high pressure and the sales staff was knowledgeable. At the time we were trying to decide between the ACE and the FR3. We had visited several different Camping World locations to view different sizes and different floor plans, then Dick Gore received a new FR3. Once we visited Dick Gore the shopping experience was so different from CW it was an easy choice where to buy from.
depmgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:59 PM   #7

Also bought from Dick Gore's in Richmond Hill. Same experience as others. Top notch from start to finish.
GJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #8

I have never purchased an RV from Dick Gore's but we had need of service after hitting an overhead object and tore off my a/c and damaged the skylight over the shower. We made it to Dick Gore's Richmond Hill, having called ahead but didn't arrive before they closed. Went early next morning and they came out and looked at the damage, we gathered up our stuff and they took the fifth wheel into a service bay to keep it out of the weather. They were wonderful to deal with and in a couple of days they had everything fixed with a new A/C and roof patched and skylight taken care of. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people and would recommend them to anyone needing service work.
floridela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:03 PM   #9

Probably get bought out by Camping World soon....

I actually had the same experience with Outpost RV in Goshen, Indiana. Nice folks, no pressure, treated like a customer, not a wallet and overall a pleasant transaction.

I'd buy from them again in a minute.

You can 'try' before you buy or buy and try there, they have their own camping facilities on the premises.

I give them 5 stars.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:17 AM   #10

Was Dick Gore a Drag racer many years ago ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:22 AM   #11
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Sure nice to hear some positive feed back for a change. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Was Dick Gore a Drag racer many years ago ???
Lets hope he's not related to Al Gore......
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:45 AM   #13
Citrus County, Fl.

There was a Dick Gore that ran Old Dominion Speedway in Manassas, Va. back in the 80's. Not sure if the same guy
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:59 AM   #14

WOW I was a little off on this one,,,
It looks as if I was thinking of Dick Lore,,, he was a drag-racer back in the day !!!
Saved by Google again !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:35 PM   #15
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Probably get bought out by Camping World soon....

I actually had the same experience with Outpost RV in Goshen, Indiana. Nice folks, no pressure, treated like a customer, not a wallet and overall a pleasant transaction.

I'd buy from them again in a minute.

You can 'try' before you buy or buy and try there, they have their own camping facilities on the premises.

I give them 5 stars.
We have an RV World here and do not know if these are all related but the one here just got bought out by CW Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 09:11 PM   #16

I purchased at Dick Gores in Richmond Hill in 2015. It was a great experience with clear talk and an experienced staff. Manny the GM is top notch!
CaptainJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #17

I was in Jacksonville and needed a replacement marker light assembly for my Sunseeker. Although a simple thing to match up mine with a new one, the tech at Dick Gore, took the time to make sure I got the right one and explained how to install the marker. He was a gentleman and very pleasant to deal with.

Tags
jacks