Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2016, 02:03 AM   #1

Edmundson RV Sales, Edinburgh IN

I was a long-term Tom Raper customer at their Richmond, Indiana location despite being an Illinois resident. I bought a Rockwood pop-up from them in 2004 as their sales volume meant I was able to buy a popup that was fresh from the factory and had not been sitting outside in a dealer's lot outside for months and being outside through a winter before being sold. I special ordered a new 2015 Rockwood Roo 21SS from Tom Raper. and bought the extra-year Forest River warranty. By the time I needed a little warranty service done (slightly leaking bunk-ends when closed), Tom Raper had been purchased by Camping World. Despite initially being excited by the new ownership, my salesman soon left their employ, and calls to their service department went unanswered and messages left not returned. While Tom Raper maintained me on their mailing and email lists, despite requests by phone and in person, CW didn't contact me regarding their grand opening at the Richmond location and keep me on their mailing list.

With Forest River's help, I identified other Rockwood Roo dealerships in Indiana or Illinois that might be able to provide my warranty service, because it didn't look like Camping World wanted to help. Only one, Edmundson's RV Sales, of Edinburgh Indiana, was willing to assist. They were not reluctant at all to provide the service on an RV that they didn't sell, to work with Forest River to authorize the warranty service, and ordering/installing an additional vent fan cover. (I made the mistake of not ordering both fan covers with my original order). They were efficient, answered the phone quickly, their work was excellent, and personal attention at their location superior. Edmundson's has impressed me very favorably so far.
Velosprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:43 PM   #2

McKinley RV in St Ansgar, IA is that way too.

US Army, 1979-1990 95BZ6
Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:44 PM   #3

I was not able to make a deal with Edmondson, but they followed up on me and I had purchased from Wana RV in Northern Indiana, they said they would service my new TT that I bought elsewhere. Was pleased to hear
Jhochst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:09 PM   #4

Just had a good experience with these guys. From salesman Ron and owner Chris, they were a pleasure to deal with. A lot of back and forth over the phone, and in the end we decided not to take the deal. But I would definitely recommend them as a good place to deal with.
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote