Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2014, 03:52 PM   #1

Fun Town RV, Cleburne, TX

Do NOT purchase an RV if there is any chance you'll relocate in the next year!

We purchased a Columbus 320RS in Colorado last May. Since then, we moved to Texas. Visited Fun Town in Cleburne as they are a Columbus dealer. I was quite pleased with my reception and "selling" of the dealership.

When I called to schedule warranty service and additional equipment installations, I was flat turned down by the service department because I purchased my fifth wheel elsewhere. I immediately followed up with the sales guy who had been so nice. He checked and quickly got back to me. The response: They're so busy with purchasing clients, call back in April or May to see what the service schedule looks like then.

Warranty expires in May. And my option is to tow the fifth wheel back to Colorado in winter? Right.
2012 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins
2013 Columbus 320RS
aggiefan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:01 PM   #2
Senior Moment

Not sure where your located, or what kind of service you need, I purchased my Rockwood in Ohio and live here in weatherford tx, had air conditioner replaced under warranty here at rv world in weatherford. Service was quick and wouldn't hesitate to return. By the way I gave Fun Town a chance to meet the deal on my Rockwood, even offering extra 2k for shipping expense. Didn't seem interested in making the sale.

Sent from my HTC One using Forest River Forums mobile app
rockport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:20 PM   #3

I had offered Fun Town the opportunity to match the price I was getting on our Wildcat and also increased it by $2K to cover shipping and was turned down. So we purchased our Wildcat in Muskegon and paid to have it delivered. For my warranty work I called around to other Wildcat dealers in the DFW area and found a dealer in Rice, TX who said they would be happy to do any warranty work I had come up. They have taken very good care of us.

They are not a Columbus dealer, but you may give them a call and see if they can't work the situation out with Forest River for them to do your warranty work for you.
They are located just off of I45 maybe 10 north of Corsicana, TX.

Texas RV Dealer, new and used travel trailers, fifth wheels, toy haulers, Forest River, new rvs, used rvs, rv service, Dallas, Corsicana, Waco, Athens, RenDel RV Sales, contact Dana Needham

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #4

Warranty expires in May. And my option is to tow the fifth wheel back to Colorado in winter? Right.[/QUOTE]

No you do not have to tow your 5th wheel back to Colorado! Find you an Independent RV Repair place that will do the work then contact FR Warranty Dept & work it out with them to get the work done. I have done this.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:40 PM   #5
Just A Member

Thumbs down

Been there done that, spent 30K which included 10K Cash down payment , and was treated like trash once the papers were signed...The list goes on and on..

Cheers!
marc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:02 PM   #6

Aggiefan, didn't take you long too long to become an A&M fan! Whoop!
Camping nights 2013: 130
Camping nights 2014: 17
Dovetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:37 PM   #7

Bought our TH there back 3 years ago from them. Went back to upgrade to a fifth wheel and it was like I had offended them for coming in to spend $55,000 on a new fifth wheel. Called the salesman to get the deal going and was not treated well. We were treated as an adversary not a client. Would never go back!!
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #8
Carknocker Family

Just call Forest River and they will tell you who you can take your Columbus to. What I had to do when I needed warranty work and my selling dealer is 6oo miles away.

https://dealers.forestriverinc.com/D...nformation.pdf
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:03 PM   #9

I found a Palomino travel trailer dealer who seems to want my warranty and installation business. Will review that experience under their name when we're done. Too bad RV dealers don't operate as well as auto/truck dealers when it comes to service and warranties.
2012 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins
2013 Columbus 320RS
aggiefan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc7 View Post
Been there done that, spent 30K which included 10K Cash down payment , and was treated like trash once the papers were signed...The list goes on and on..

Cheers!
seems to be normal in this business.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #11

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiefan52 View Post
I found a Palomino travel trailer dealer who seems to want my warranty and installation business. Will review that experience under their name when we're done. Too bad RV dealers don't operate as well as auto/truck dealers when it comes to service and warranties.
I still have not reviewed "what" items need warranty service. If it's an appliance, AC, etc., Camping World can perform that warranty work. If you will identify the warranty issues, you may get a better response and suggestions on the issue.
l001952119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #12

We bought a Sandpiper 320rl from Fun Town R V in Hewitt Tx just south of Waco and had and still having a great relationship with them. The price was better than I could have imagined and took my trade in and told me how much they would give me for it sight unseen. No pressure salesmen and you can look all you want because the campers are unlocked. Will definitely go back and recommend them to everyone
Big earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big earl View Post
We bought a Sandpiper 320rl from Fun Town R V in Hewitt Tx just south of Waco and had and still having a great relationship with them. The price was better than I could have imagined and took my trade in and told me how much they would give me for it sight unseen. No pressure salesmen and you can look all you want because the campers are unlocked. Will definitely go back and recommend them to everyone
I'm glad everything worked out for you and you are pleased. That's all that matters.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #14

Bought my 5th wheel from Fun Town RV in Cleburne TX and had it shipped to Arizona, when it showed up it had a lot of problems and Fun Town said to bring it back or find someone in AZ to fix my concerns. Went to Lazy Days RV and there service is better then I've had any where. My 5th wheel was in there for three weeks and everything was fixed and works good. Lazy Days told me they will work on any RV even if you don't buy from them.

RONN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big earl View Post

We bought our Freedom Express from Fun Town in Waco as well. We got a great deal and in general we were pleased with the PDI.

However, part of the deal was for them to install the WDH and had I not been watching and had previously read the proper way for the hitch to be installed, it would have been installed wrong. When I made them do it right, the manager of the place acted really pissed. The problem, they didn't get the brackets for the bars close enough to the ball and the first time I turned, the bars would have snapped out of the brackets.

In general, once I signed the papers, I got the feeling they couldn't get me out of there place quick enough.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:09 AM   #16

It's is unfortunate so many have had bad experiences with Fun Town RV. We bought our Sabre from them and although the process wasn't without a challenge or two, we've been happy with them.
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:33 PM   #17
RVWholesalers Representative

aggiefan52, if your issue is not yet resolved please let me know, I have service centers in our Nationwide Service Network that can assist you. It should not matter where a unit is purchased. We work on everything here, no matter where it was purchased or even if we sell it or not. Someday the RV Industry will start to offer real customer service as it should be. Please don't hesitate to contact me in the future either, we can get you taken care of. Thanks- David
Old 06-04-2014, 07:03 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide5r4fun View Post
It's is unfortunate so many have had bad experiences with Fun Town RV. We bought our Sabre from them and although the process wasn't without a challenge or two, we've been happy with them.

X2. Completed our purchase two weeks ago. They worked hard to fix a few cosmetic things before we left the area. We were pleased with the overall process and were treated fairly.
retamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #19

Hey David where are you located?please contact me.....tm_rich@yahoo.com need your help
Tm_rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #20

Unfortunately Texas laws are fairly strict. In Texas to perform factory warranty work the dealer has to be a reseller of that unit. I have heard this from several different dealers. Even Camping World will not do it if that location does not sell that model.

If you have a service plan dealers can work it.

If I am wrong, someone please correct me but include documentation.
huizarr is offline   Reply With Quote