Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #81

JEFF Couch

I purchased a 2014 SALEM 27 RKSS.from Jeff Couch. He chose the driver to transport my rv from his location to the border for delivery to Canada.The driver for A J transport caused damage of 3500.us dollars to my new trailer.He and the trucking company told me to go ahead and get the unit fixed and they would cover the cost.Now neither one will answer me.When they did so they were very abrupt and gave me the runaround telling me the check was in the mail and how awful the US mail was. After about 2 months a check arrived in the mail . It was made out to Jeff Couch and signed by the driver John Cesar of AJ transport. Instead of cashing it since it was made out to him he just mailed it on to me. I received it in early August but when I took it to my bank They told me it was uncashable in that format. I sent it back to him by Canada post express and had him sign for it. As of today Sept 6 2014 neither one will tell me where my money is and which one took it!!
Judytrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #82

I was getting pricing from Jeff Couch and when I got an automated email yesterday asking if I was still interested, I politely replied back stating that we went a different direction and ordered a model they do not carry.

Brannon then replied back congratulating me and asking what model I went with and why. I did reply back with the model and stating that being our 1st 5th wheel, we were nervous about a 43 foot camper so we decided on a 40 ft that was 1,500lbs lighter.

His response to me was (paraphrasing) - That's because that model is cheaply made, that floor plan is now offered on a brand they carry for 34k and I should have contacted him.

It is one thing to try and make a sale by talking about the competition and the quality but knowing that I bought one and wants to make a comment that it is a cheaply made camper.. and throwing out a price of the model they carry when he does not know what I paid for this one says a lot about his character. I'd never try to insult a customer on their purchase and will never do business with them in the future.

I didn't even bother to reply back to him again about my disgust with him.
blwnsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #83
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I believe there are a few missing facts to this story, as is the norm with a one time posting blast. How fast does anyone think a trailer will get repaired when involved in an accident? How about getting parts from FR? When was the trailer delivered? When was the trailer fixed? When was the final bill sent to insurance company? Who sent the final bill, repair center or OP? Was there an adjuster involved? I find it hard to believe that a transport company would not have insurance, it is the law here in the states, and a for hire company will have to show proof all the time. We all have heard how long some of the most simple things have taken to get fixed. There is definitely frustration in the OP's posting, but there are also many entities involved between 2 countries. Accidents do happen.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:49 PM   #84

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Simply put the OP should have not accepted delivery . I wonder is the Transport company was hired by the OP or Jeff Couch. I have thought about buying my next trailer in the USA as we can not get the brands or models north of the border. I hope we hear more from the fellow Canuck with the missing parts of the story,
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:32 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judytrem View Post
I purchased a 2014 SALEM 27 RKSS.from Jeff Couch. He chose the driver to transport my rv from his location to the border for delivery to Canada.The driver for A J transport caused damage of 3500.us dollars to my new trailer.He and the trucking company told me to go ahead and get the unit fixed and they would cover the cost.Now neither one will answer me.When they did so they were very abrupt and gave me the runaround telling me the check was in the mail and how awful the US mail was. After about 2 months a check arrived in the mail . It was made out to Jeff Couch and signed by the driver John Cesar of AJ transport. Instead of cashing it since it was made out to him he just mailed it on to me. I received it in early August but when I took it to my bank They told me it was uncashable in that format. I sent it back to him by Canada post express and had him sign for it. As of today Sept 6 2014 neither one will tell me where my money is and which one took it!!

Hear it is 10 months later and I still do not have a resolution in sight. Does anyone know how to get in touch with the insurance licensing board in the USA.i am out 3477.00 and can not get paid..If anyone wants to ask me quuestions that I can answer in a pm feel free to email me.Judy
Old 01-20-2015, 03:23 PM   #86

2014 RV

I failed to mention that I am being assisted by Jeff Couch, of Couch's Rv who is trying to resolve this issue.Hopefully between the 2 of us we can get this issue resolved. I have given John Cesar every possible chance to resolve this issue.John is the owner and driver for AJ transport in Lakeview MI.His partner in this business is Debbie Cesar..
Old 12-29-2015, 12:35 PM   #87

Update: I still have not recieved compensation for my damaged in transit 2014 27 foot Salem 27 Rkss.It will be 2 years in April since it was delivered to the Canadian border. By Aj Transport who was hired by Jeff Couch RV Nation.Stay clear of John Cesar as fe is not insured and may have another company in order to avoid paying damages.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #88

I can"t say that I have a perfect relationship with Jeff Couch, but he has paid me 500.00 of the damages that were caused to my trailer during shipping to the border by his driver.He sent me a check two weeks ago.My trailer was purchased 22 months ago and I have been fighting for compensation since then.Only another $2977.00 dollars to go Still looking for some help to recover. I am in Canada-- Hopefully Jeff makes contact with his driver,John Cesar ,AJ Transport who seems to have vanished. somewhat mysteriously.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:48 PM   #89
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judytrem View Post
I can"t say that I have a perfect relationship with Jeff Couch, but he has paid me 500.00 of the damages that were caused to my trailer during shipping to the border by his driver.He sent me a check two weeks ago.My trailer was purchased 22 months ago and I have been fighting for compensation since then.Only another $2977.00 dollars to go Still looking for some help to recover. I am in Canada-- Hopefully Jeff makes contact with his driver,John Cesar ,AJ Transport who seems to have vanished. somewhat mysteriously.
I'm sure you've searched him, but did you search his wife? Debbie Cesar, it has her listed as owner of AJ Transport, Lakeview MI
Old 03-15-2016, 12:39 AM   #90

Thanks Aqua man,I have tried to find her also.They do not answer to any calls or Emails.John(AJTransport ) is now driving for someone else.Living so far away on the East Coast of Canada it is hard to find someone who knows them.Jeff has told me that he was in contact with Debbie and then lost contact.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:23 AM   #91
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

More than likely they have dissolved their business, which means you're pretty much stuck with the bill. It would probably cost you more to pursue trying to collect for the damages. If you filed a legal claim at the time of possession, you may have some recourse. I wish things would have turned out better for you and I still think Couch's should step up on this one.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:18 PM   #92

Apparently I am not the first one this has happened to.There are others from Canada too.I guess the lesson is Buy local.Do not cros the border for what you think is a deal.After the unit leaves the dealer you are on your own unless you are towing it.Don't be mislead by the offer of shipping it to the border.