Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2020, 08:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
If it is factory installed, how is that on Jeff Couch?

Maybe I’m looking at it wrong but if FR tells me the unit was shipped with the correct unit and now it has the wrong unit, seems like Jeff Couch is exactly who it’s on.
Ncpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:32 PM   #22
PhD, Common Sense

I find it hard to believe that Couch took delivery of your RV, took out a component, and put in a different one upside down, then delivered it to you that way.

Occam’s Razor.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:01 PM   #23

You had many factory problems with your unit. Not sure why you think this One Control system is different. Hope you get it worked out.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 02:13 PM   #24

Forest River recommends buying local on their brochure.
Herdboar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 02:21 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdboar3 View Post
Forest River recommends buying local on their brochure.
That's to satisfy their dealers.
What about RVs on the road?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 02:44 PM   #26

When our camper was at Crouch they had to replace the computer board. Said it would take 6 months to order it, and wanted to know if we minded them taking one out of the new campers to use so we wouldn't have to wait. So yes they do mix and match parts. Yes we excepted it.
Lauraholton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:16 PM   #27

We were treated well at Couch rv.

PDI was easy.

We have had a number of normal things needing repairs. No big deal. Never needed to go back there.

An outfit like this delivers many thousands of rv's a year. Sometimes it goes south.

In the case of an rv, I would not like the idea of the delivery thing. No way I would not do a PDI.
tomkatb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:44 PM   #28
PhD, Common Sense

I have nothing but positive comments about _sales_ at Jeff Couch.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 05:47 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
I find this all very interesting, When I called Couch RV to get pricing on my Cedar Creek factory order they essentially told me up front they could address and fix minor flaws from the factory but they were not a full service facility. Their model is sell it, PDI it and deliver it, done. Since I am in NC I hired a Level II RV inspector out of Kentucky to go inspect the RV when it came in to Couch RV and identify any issues he found with it. Couch fixed the few problems that were discovered and sent photos of the corrective actions before I ever left home to go pick it up. When I got to Couch RV it was in the Bay all plugged in and ready for a walk thru. It was exactly the way it should have been. I couldn't have been happier with Couch RV and their delivery guys. The warranty issues that did come up went to Amish Family RV in Indiana, about 5 miles from the Cedar Creek plant for repairs at the time. Cedar Creek took care of every issue, no problems. Now that it is out of warranty, I fix anything that comes along, no big deal. Independent RV repair facilities are the way to go.
Would you mind telling me who you hired and what the cost was? I’m thinking about buying an RV from Couch and I’m 1,000 miles away.
tone100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:34 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
I find this all very interesting, When I called Couch RV to get pricing on my Cedar Creek factory order they essentially told me up front they could address and fix minor flaws from the factory but they were not a full service facility. Their model is sell it, PDI it and deliver it, done. Since I am in NC I hired a Level II RV inspector out of Kentucky to go inspect the RV when it came in to Couch RV and identify any issues he found with it. Couch fixed the few problems that were discovered and sent photos of the corrective actions before I ever left home to go pick it up. When I got to Couch RV it was in the Bay all plugged in and ready for a walk thru. It was exactly the way it should have been. I couldn't have been happier with Couch RV and their delivery guys. The warranty issues that did come up went to Amish Family RV in Indiana, about 5 miles from the Cedar Creek plant for repairs at the time. Cedar Creek took care of every issue, no problems. Now that it is out of warranty, I fix anything that comes along, no big deal. Independent RV repair facilities are the way to go.
Most sensible purchase story I've ever read on this forum!
Old 09-23-2020, 08:24 AM   #31
Professional Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncpops View Post
I always try and find a positive...Jeff Couch’s prices are good. As for the rest...RUN AWAY!!

I don’t expect perfection, but for over 60,000.00 I do expect some service. Let me share my experiences with them after 2 weeks of ownership:

Our Silverback was purchased sight unseen, everything was done via phone & email and was delivered to us in NY.

1-After purchase I asked our “salesperson” for a FaceTime or Skype walkthrough. He said the unit was at a transportation location and that couldn’t be done.

2-When delivered the driver said to just inspect the outside because he was in a hurry to get back on the road. We were told anything on the inside was warranty and he wasn’t responsible. As I’ve come to learn that is called a dump & run.

3-A few rips, scars and holes on the inside and we were asked “did you note those on the drivers form?” Now Forest River wants me to find a repair person (nearest dealer is 150 miles) and submit a claim for reimbursement.

4-When the water was connected, the Washing machine was not installed properly (after an extra 2000.00) and it filled the washer area with about an inch of water. I contacted the GM of the dealership and he was less than helpful.

5-The One Control system does not operate the HVAC system. Called Forest River again and was told I’d have to bring it in to a dealer (150 miles) for service. We don’t even own a truck. They offered to cone get it so now I can repack everything to avoid damage.

Remember, this is only two weeks in.

If you want a good price, then Jeff Couch is the place but if service or helpfulness matters at all to you, buy elsewhere.

Sorry you are having such a hard time.
I'm too late to help you, but maybe can help others a bit and give you a slightly different perspective.
I deliver travel trailers and fifth wheels from Indiana to all over the country.
The driver for your unit should not have rushed you and limited your inspection to the exterior. While he was only responsible for exterior damage, you could have rejected the unit due to interior damage/problems. The procedure at that point would be to contact the factory to discuss the next steps.
The factory, at that point, would likely offer to pay for a local service center or independent tech to make repairs, or would pay the driver to backhaul the unit to them for repairs.
Since none of the people at Couch's lives in New York there is no way they could know who to contact for your service/repairs, nor are they authorized to hire anybody to work on your unit.
An RV can have two different kind of warranties. One is provided by the factory. The factory is the authority that pays a repair center to fix your RV. They may opt to have the unit returned to them for repairs if they think it necessary. Dealers have no control over this.
In your case, I'd try to get the factory to take the unit back for repairs.
The second warranty could have been sold to you by the dealership. This is normally an "extended" warranty that might be honored by other affiliated dealers, but your unit is going to be perpetually at the end of the line for service/repairs.
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:59 AM   #32

I am in that process, the very beginning with Couches RV. 37FLTH Riverside Legacy. I want to see the model that I am interested in buying first locally but in my area there are none on the lots. So I plan on driving or flying to see a unit, and then order it through Couches. I have not made the decision if I will pickup the RV myself which I think I will do but if I can not will hire a 3rd party RV inspector to inspect it before I arrive or have it delivered. This is not my first RV so I have some sense about them. I understand that Couches RV is a wholesaler not a typical dealer, that is why the great price. So blaming them for factory issues does not appear to be fair. I expect that the unit is in good normal operational condition. And I doubt they would except a less than ready unit from the factory.

I encourage anyone that has dealt with Couches RV good or bad to chime in, not only for me but for all of us. Thank you.
Rgpigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:58 PM   #33

I have nothing bad to say about Jeff and his people. I live an hour away in KY. I bought my 1st 5th wheel toy hauler from him in 2006, for $20,000. Never had any issues with it. When wife and I where ready to go full time in 2016 we bought our 38 EL for $73,000. Orderd it the way we wanted it and the more was $107,000. Worth every penny.

Second time taking on the road, we arrived at our site in Destin around 9 pm. Could not use Jack's and slides would not go out. Slept in it that night, called service manager the next morning. He went outside to that exact unit and walked me through there to find a little reset button on the side of the relay.

They have always been helpful. I have recommended them to many friends who have also bought from them. Jeff him self remembers me every time I walk is, I even have his personal cellphone number.

I am sorry that anyone has had a bad experience there. I guess I have been luck. But in 2026 I will buy my next one there.
2008 F350
2017 CC Champagne 38EL
2006 Salem Sport 32 SRV Toy Hauler (still have)
brusso is offline   Reply With Quote