Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2022, 08:50 PM   #1

Keystone RV Center Greencastle, PA

Purchased a new trailer from them in 2021. Just completed a warranty repair with them (warranty process started in April, work completed in September) and it was an absolute nightmare. I thought since I purchased the trailer from them they would take good care of me. I could not have been more wrong. Communication within the service department is non-existent. Communication with the customer is even worse. If Keystone was the only place I could get work done on my camper, I would sell it and buy a tent.
2021: 26 nights 2022: 26 nights
SRP09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 09:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRP09 View Post
Purchased a new trailer from them in 2021. Just completed a warranty repair with them (warranty process started in April, work completed in September) and it was an absolute nightmare. I thought since I purchased the trailer from them they would take good care of me. I could not have been more wrong. Communication within the service department is non-existent. Communication with the customer is even worse. If Keystone was the only place I could get work done on my camper, I would sell it and buy a tent.
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. But just to double check, you know you're on the Forest River Forum, not the Keystone Forum, right?

Hope things turn out okay for you in the end.
Mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 09:50 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikec557 View Post
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. But just to double check, you know you're on the Forest River Forum, not the Keystone Forum, right?

Hope things turn out okay for you in the end.
The name of the dealership is Keystone RV Center, not Keystone the RV manufacturer.
https://www.keystonervcenter.com/
The OP bought their Coachmen trailer at this dealership.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 10:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
The name of the dealership is Keystone RV Center, not Keystone the RV manufacturer.
https://www.keystonervcenter.com/
The OP bought their Coachmen trailer at this dealership.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
Sorry, my mistake.
Mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 07:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikec557 View Post
Sorry, my mistake.

No worries
Old 09-25-2022, 07:56 AM   #6

Quote:
What a shame Keystone RV now has that reputation. We took our previous Sunseeker and our current Georgetown to them numerous times. They did great service (including warranty work) and we did not buy either from them.

Then about 4 or 5 years ago the service manager quit and they have gone downhill ever since. The service department is definitely not the same.

If I had a tent, I wouldn't let them work on that either.
tkarper14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 11:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarper14 View Post
What a shame Keystone RV now has that reputation. We took our previous Sunseeker and our current Georgetown to them numerous times. They did great service (including warranty work) and we did not buy either from them.

Then about 4 or 5 years ago the service manager quit and they have gone downhill ever since. The service department is definitely not the same.

If I had a tent, I wouldn't let them work on that either.

My first thought was to place the blame at the feet of the new ownership. But the transition was just taking place when I began the warranty process. You might be more accurate that it has something to do with the service manager change. I dealt with the current service manager and he is the definition of inept.
Old 09-25-2022, 01:36 PM   #8

Sorry to hear about the bad experiences. I must be lucky, never had any reason to complain about sales or service. In fact everyone I have dealt with at Keystone RV in Greencastle has been exemplary.

2019 Salem FSX 179DBK
firemedicmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 07:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicmark View Post
Sorry to hear about the bad experiences. I must be lucky, never had any reason to complain about sales or service. In fact everyone I have dealt with at Keystone RV in Greencastle has been exemplary.

That was my hope, since the sales experience was positive, even in the midst of a tough market with short supply, the service experience would be too. There is a dealership less than 10 miles from my house. I canít count the number of times I wished I would have used them for the warranty work.
Old 09-25-2022, 08:22 PM   #10

Keystone RV Center Greencastle, PA

It has been rumored that Peteís RV has acquired Keystone RV Center in GreenCastle, this may be the answer to the change in customer service. I went in there a few weeks ago to buy supplies/parts and it took over 20 minutes for someone to assist and that was only after I tracked someone down.

The age of independent customer service orientated RV dealers are disappearing.

Peteís RV bought out Gayle Kline RV in mountville PA, and also a dealership in western PA.
2011 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 07:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
It has been rumored that Peteís RV has acquired Keystone RV Center in GreenCastle, this may be the answer to the change in customer service. I went in there a few weeks ago to buy supplies/parts and it took over 20 minutes for someone to assist and that was only after I tracked someone down.

The age of independent customer service orientated RV dealers are disappearing.

Peteís RV bought out Gayle Kline RV in mountville PA, and also a dealership in western PA.

I believe I read that about Peteís somewhere else here on the forum. They better figure out their customer service game soon, because they wonít get by on sales this year like they did last year. Last year there was barely an RV on the lot, and they were selling them before they were built. This year their lot is jam packed with RVs. It appears that the market has tanked.
Old 09-26-2022, 08:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
It has been rumored that Peteís RV has acquired Keystone RV Center in GreenCastle.
Not a rumor, that is who bought them. We were happy with our experience buying from them during the transition. No hidden fees, no haggle bottom line price that was very competitive, no high pressure sales pitch on a bunch of extras, and fair offer on our trade.

But no experience with their service department. It was crazy busy on the lot and in the service area when we were there - like controlled chaos.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2017 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:24 PM   #13

We bought our 2020 Surveyor 267RBSS from them in 2019. Sales experience was stellar, and 2 times in for warranty was flawless. Sad to hear theyíve changed. I know COVID hit them hard, their lot was empty for many months and they actually called us asking if we needed any service, warranty or not.
CCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 08:40 AM   #14

walked?

Quote:
I live just down the street from this group, they have a real reputation for what your talking about. I will drive 100 miles to another dealer for work or parts to avoid them.
Andersen Ultimate on pucks, TrailAir Pin Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors.... smooth ride
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 02:38 PM   #15

Quote:
My wife and I purchased our Micro-Lite from Keystone RV about 5 years ago. I took it there for the first two years for warranty work and did not have any major problems with them. They were not the closest dealer to us so once the warranty was up we started taking it to a closer dealer if any work was needed. I also have become better at trying to fix things myself if possible.

Have not been to Keystone recently, but as others have said there has been turnover and they were bought out recently.

The sales and service staff always seemed very friendly and helpful when I went there.
5.3 V8, 3:73 Rear, Tow Package

JKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote