Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2021, 08:11 PM   #1

Keystone RV Mega Center in Greencastle PA

Can't say enough about the team at Keystone and Jr (our sales rep)! This is our 2nd unit we purchased (this year) from them. The first was our first RV and turned out to be a great unit (we were limited by our towing capability) but just not the right floor plan for us. Fast forward 5 months and a few trips, upgraded the truck and couldn't pass up a great deal on a 2022 toy hauler with a floor plan we were looking for. The same units are going for $20K more just 100 miles from us with less features.

They gave us a more than fair deal on the trade, better than I expected and good enough for us to move forward.

Similar units

We couldn't be happier!

Mike
Mbkjad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:22 PM   #2

Im curious what you purchased? you are on a forest river page and purchasing from a keystone dealer? And its your first post?
Kimber45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:24 PM   #3
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
Im curious what you purchased? you are on a forest river page and purchasing from a keystone dealer? And its your first post?
Keystone RV is in a the Keystone State. They sell several brands of RVs from Forest River, Thor, etc etc.

2015 Wrangler Toad (aka Bonnie)

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, that usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:28 PM   #4

Keystone RV Mega Center in Greencastle PA

Quote:

Keystone RV Center is the name of the dealer. They are located in Greencastle PA. PA is known as the Keystone state.

The dealership does carry FR products(new) and also carry used FR products.

The dealership name is not the manufacture.

https://www.keystonervcenter.com/sea...=&length_high=
2011 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:31 PM   #5

Learn something new every day. I have never heard of PA called the keystone state.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:31 PM   #6

Keystone RV

I guess that's your idea of "Welcome" to the Forum! Yes, it's my first post, but you have to start somewhere. Keystone, for these guys, refers to the Keystone state. Probably 50-60% (if not more) of the units they sell are Forest River. Our first unit was a 273QBXL (Salem Ultra Lite)....which was a great unit just not a good floor plan for us (our kids are older). The new unit is a Vengeance Rogue 32V (2022), also a Forest River.

Have a great day!

Mike

Quote:
Old 10-25-2021, 08:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbkjad View Post
I guess that's your idea of "Welcome" to the Forum! Yes, it's my first post, but you have to start somewhere. Keystone, for these guys, refers to the Keystone state. Probably 50-60% (if not more) of the units they sell are Forest River. Our first unit was a 273QBXL (Salem Ultra Lite)....which was a great unit just not a good floor plan for us (our kids are older). The new unit is a Vengeance Rogue 32V (2022), also a Forest River.

Have a great day!

Mike
I apolgize mike. I have never heard of PA called the Keystone state and it is quite common for folks to come make trolling post and then leave the site. Congrats on the new truck and rv.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:36 PM   #8

Mike I live in Chambersburg. Congrats on your new TH. I have owned two TH’s. Current one is Puma XLE 27QBC. Carry’s 2005 Honda VTX 1300, and soon a 2002 Honda Goldwing 1800 trike with CSC trike kit. What are you going to be hauling?
2011 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:45 PM   #9

Understand completely! No worries. Never understood why some take time out of their day to waste others time. Makes no sense!
Old 10-26-2021, 01:25 PM   #10

Forest River Purchase @ Keystone RV

I too purchased a Flagstaff E19FBS from Keystone RV. Great experience. Would definitely go there again. I live in the not so free state of MD

PS: Pennsylvania has been known as the Keystone State since 1802,[196] based in part upon its central location among the original Thirteen Colonies forming the United States, and also in part because of the number of important American documents signed in the state (such as the Declaration of Independence). It was also a keystone state economically, having both the industry common to the North (making such wares as Conestoga wagons and rifles)[197][198] and the agriculture common to the South (producing feed, fiber, food, and tobacco).[199]

Copied from Wikipedia.
jmezz911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 01:54 PM   #11

I posted a thread about my very positive purchase from Keystone RV Mega Center last month.
In my case an Apex.
They held the original agreed price through several price hikes.
And the original deal was a couple thousand better than anywhere and wayyyy under list.
Old 10-26-2021, 02:03 PM   #12

Mike,
We totally agree with your opinion of the Keystone team, we made our purchase in Feb of 2020. We are very satisfied with everything they did for us.
Joe
Tow Vehicle: 2019 Suburban Premier
JLGulick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 02:42 PM   #13

Keystone RV Center

Totally agree with you about Keystone RV. Purchased my current fiver from them back in 2013. Very satisfied. Even their maintenance team was quick and impressive. But wait!! it gets better.. Had to take the fiver back to Keystone RV a few years ago to get a new rubber roof thanks to the local electric company who dropped a power line over the top of the RV and pulled it free by snaking it from side to side. Ripped several holes and tears in the roof. Anyway I got an estimate then called Keystone RV with it to see if they can do the job and see if they had availability. They told me to bring it to them as soon as I could get there. I got there by the end of the week and 4 days later a new rubber roof from front to back. No waiting to get the job done. The electric company flipped the bill.

Then there was a time when I had to get my axles changed due to a lower weight rating on them. Forest River shipped the parts to Keystone RV and the job was finished in a week. New axles, wheels and tires. Again no waiting.

They also have a channel on YouTube for RV training and related RV topics. I check it out from time to time. https://www.youtube.com/c/KeystoneRVCenter

One other thing that I liked about Keystone RV; they had that little campground in back of the store that was part of the center. That worked out well for me also. I got to run up and test out the RV before leaving the lot.
ezawacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 02:48 PM   #14

I have a '19 Streetglide CVO and my wife rides a '19 Heritage Softail Classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
Mike I live in Chambersburg. Congrats on your new TH. I have owned two TH’s. Current one is Puma XLE 27QBC. Carry’s 2005 Honda VTX 1300, and soon a 2002 Honda Goldwing 1800 trike with CSC trike kit. What are you going to be hauling?
Old 10-26-2021, 04:34 PM   #15
2020 Salem 22RBS

Keystone RV

We drove up from Virginia two years ago to find a good deal on a travel trailer. The new Salem 22RBS model had just arrived on the lot. This couples coach fit our needs perfectly and we bought it as soon as we entered the coach. This after looking at a bunch of other new campers on the lot. The Keystone team made it a great buying experience. There were no hidden costs. We negotiated a change in tires to the Goodyear Endurance and we had a slide topper installed.
satellite494 is offline   Reply With Quote