Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2020, 09:26 PM   #1

Mid-State RV - Byron, GA

(Please forgive the lengthy post) In another post, I detailed the issue I am having with my 2019 FR Surveyor Luxury front window leaking. Mid-State RV in Byron, GA is repairing the coach. They have tried to stop the leak, but have not been successful in finding the source of the leak.

They have ordered a new window from FR, but with the Covid 19 pandemic, the window is not available at this time. They did all they could to stop the leak so that I could use the coach while we waited for the replacement window.

Today I went to pick up the coach and learned something new about my tow vehicle. I have a 2013 Ford F-150 with the tow package. When I went to pick up the coach the battery was dead from having been on the lot for almost 3 weeks. The service manager told me to hook up the electrical connection from the truck and it should supply enough power to raise the hitch. It did not. He then suggested that some vehicles have to be in Drive for the signal to pass through to the coach. We tried that and it did not work. He then put a meter on the 7 pin connection and there was no voltage coming from the truck. He asked me if anyone had put the fuse and relay in to send the voltage from the truck to the connection. I had no idea what he was talking about. I thought since I had the tow package, I had everything I needed. He suggested that I look in the glovebox to see it the relay and fuse were in there. Sure enough, they were. He looked at the owner's manual, found where they should go and plugged them in. BINGO! We have voltage going from the truck to the 7-pin connection and then to the battery. Without his knowledge and willingness to go the extra mile, I may never have known that I was not charging the battery when plugged up to the truck.

I have had nothing but a positive experience with everyone I have dealt with from the service advisors, to the service manager and the parts representatives at Mid-State RV. If you are anywhere in Georgia and you need service for your coach, I highly recommend Mid-State RV in Byron, GA. Give them a call.
Dwill3332 is offline   Reply With Quote