Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2021, 07:21 AM   #1
Old Retired User

Open Roads Complete not honoring agreement

Open Roads Complete in Acworth, Georgia agreed to sell me a GT5 34M5. After having my down payment of $10,000 for 2 weeks they called demanding a $5000.00 increase in the total price we agreed on or they would not sell me the rv they agreed to sell. I refused and stated we have a contract. The sales manager was supposed to call me back after talking to the GM. No call after 2 working days and my unit is now advertised for sale at a price increase of $5000 more than our agreement. Apparently taking your money down is their invitation to try to get into your wallet for more money and an agreement means nothing to them. Stay away.
Cdldoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:24 AM   #2

Was it an agreed final price in writing? or an agreement between you and the salesman subject to the approval of the sales manager?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:39 AM   #3
Trailer Park Supervisor

I can't imagine he plunked down 10 large without a written agreement. Wow. Pretty damning critique.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:54 AM   #4

I agree. If it was in writing I believe if it were me I would have a rig at the agreed price and my legal fees covered.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
Old 02-28-2021, 10:56 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdldoc View Post
Open Roads Complete in Acworth, Georgia agreed to sell me a GT5 34M5. After having my down payment of $10,000 for 2 weeks they called demanding a $5000.00 increase in the total price we agreed on or they would not sell me the rv they agreed to sell. I refused and stated we have a contract. The sales manager was supposed to call me back after talking to the GM. No call after 2 working days and my unit is now advertised for sale at a price increase of $5000 more than our agreement. Apparently taking your money down is their invitation to try to get into your wallet for more money and an agreement means nothing to them. Stay away.

Lot of unknowns here. Did the dealership refund the down payment?

I also need to remind everyone upfront of using the forums as a way to perhaps force an issue with others. The site team will not delete the thread if there is any kind of settlement talks later. Please read this post/thread.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...tml#post665355

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:21 PM   #6
Old Retired User

Paperwork

They sent me a price breakdown under the name of the sales manager with a request for $10,000 down which I sent and they still have. No legitimate business reneges on a sale after accepting earnest money and holding it for 2 weeks. That is a violation of our contract that was at the minimum a verbal contract. I was expecting the call to be them saying, “ bring the balance and get your rv.”

The rv Number on their site we agreed on is #4830. And they now list it at $5000 more than we agreed. The listing changed after they called me.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:30 PM   #7

WMTire thanks for the link and reminder.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
Old 02-28-2021, 12:33 PM   #8

Quote:
They sent me a price breakdown under the name of the sales manager with a request for $10,000 down which I sent and they still have. No legitimate business reneges on a sale after accepting earnest money and holding it for 2 weeks. That is a violation of our contract that was at the minimum a verbal contract. I was expecting the call to be them saying, “ bring the balance and get your rv.”

The rv Number on their site we agreed on is #4830. And they now list it at $5000 more than we agreed. The listing changed after they called me.
A price breakdown is not a contract for purchase. Whether a verbal contract can be enforced depends.....
You're not the first one to have this problem. Costs to the manufacturer have increased and they are passing some of that cost onto the dealer.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:37 PM   #9
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

I hope you kept a copy of the statement, your check (or document of payment). You don't state if they refunded your 10K.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:45 PM   #10
Old Retired User

They still have my down payment. When they refund me it will be proof they broke our agreement.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:48 PM   #11
Old Retired User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
A price breakdown is not a contract for purchase. Whether a verbal contract can be enforced depends.....
You're not the first one to have this problem. Costs to the manufacturer have increased and they are passing some of that cost onto the dealer.
You are saying they order and then agree to sell motorhomes without knowing what the supplier will charge them for the item. Multimillion dollar business don’t operate like that.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:53 PM   #12

Sounds like you're buying from CW. (camping world)
Lee Pedrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:58 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
They still have my down payment. When they refund me it will be proof they broke our agreement.

If this is as you state, would you really want to complete the purchase from a company that you are describing? What about any future warranty work if needed?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:00 PM   #14

Quote:
You are saying they order and then agree to sell motorhomes without knowing what the supplier will charge them for the item. Multimillion dollar business don’t operate like that.
I didn't say it was right. Just saying that others have faced the same problem.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:07 PM   #15

Have heard of some dealers raising the price for ordered units they’ve taken deposits on- but this appears to be a stock unit.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:09 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:

I did look this up on their site, and it is listed as "coming soon" which I take to mean it has not been delivered to the dealer. Is that correct?

Old 02-28-2021, 01:24 PM   #17

This is where I would start if things do not go your way.

It worked for me in SC. With the SC bureau of course.

https://consumer.georgia.gov/

Good Luck.
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:28 PM   #18

Most of the time the advertised price is negotiable. Since they have it listed for the same price they demanded from you the whole thing sounds rotten to me, something is wrong here

Have you contacted any other dealers to see if you can get that model for the agreed upon price or less?

It may even pay you to get it from an out of state dealer if the price makes the trip worthwhile.

I would not worry about the warranty issues. Most of the time the factory will allow you to take it to an independent RV Repair business. Their service is most often faster and better than the actual dealer anyway.

Id look hard and long if possible, do you really want to do business with someone who would treat their customers like this?
Old 02-28-2021, 01:28 PM   #19
Old Retired User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I did look this up on their site, and it is listed as "coming soon" which I take to mean it has not been delivered to the dealer. Is that correct?
I do not know. They did not tell me.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:36 PM   #20

Quote:
I do not know. They did not tell me.
First let me say that I hope you get your money back.

So you put 10K down on a unit sight unseen?
shadows4 is offline   Reply With Quote