Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2015, 09:40 AM   #1

Quality rv Linn Missouri

Drive up there to look at a 2013 outback 268rb, called before and asked him if there was anything wrong with it he said only the front cap was faded from weather. So I drive for 5 hrs to find out at some point the camper was backed into something and the aluminum trip at the top was loose and creased , looks like water got behind the fiberglass cause it was loose, he tried to tell me it's suppose to be that way. So your gonna tell me these water connections are suppose to be able to go in &out by pulling on them? So I decided to buy a new salem instead cause it was a good price, but never could get them and the bank to get the paper work right so I cancelled it. I noticed in the fine lines of the contract deposit is nonrefundable so I lost 200. 😞
Old 08-22-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Well it maybe your best $200 spent by backing out from that dealer. Just curious as to why you are trading the V-lite. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbuick65 View Post
Drive up there to look at a 2013 outback 268rb, called before and asked him if there was anything wrong with it he said only the front cap was faded from weather. So I drive for 5 hrs to find out at some point the camper was backed into something and the aluminum trip at the top was loose and creased , looks like water got behind the fiberglass cause it was loose, he tried to tell me it's suppose to be that way. So your gonna tell me these water connections are suppose to be able to go in &out by pulling on them? So I decided to buy a new salem instead cause it was a good price, but never could get them and the bank to get the paper work right so I cancelled it. I noticed in the fine lines of the contract deposit is nonrefundable so I lost 200. ��
The dealer and the bank are the ones that couldn't get the sale completed, putting you in a situation that you had no control of. I would point that out and get your deposit back.. Just wondering why are deposits needed, unless it's a special order that's not sitting on the lot. They wouldn't get a deposit from me for one that's sitting on their lot. If they say someone might come in and buy it out from under me, if that happens so be it... I'll keep looking... didn't know they were selling like hotcakes

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Well it maybe your best $200 spent by backing out from that dealer. Just curious as to why you are trading the V-lite. Later RJD
The ex got the v-lite[emoji20]

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2015, 07:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
With your question, I got curious on what a 2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS looks like. Did some YouTube and your 2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS is basically identical to my Windjammer 3029W.. interesting...

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Drive up there to look at a 2013 outback 268rb, called before and asked him if there was anything wrong with it he said only the front cap was faded from weather. So I drive for 5 hrs to find out at some point the camper was backed into something and the aluminum trip at the top was loose and creased , looks like water got behind the fiberglass cause it was loose, he tried to tell me it's suppose to be that way. So your gonna tell me these water connections are suppose to be able to go in &out by pulling on them? So I decided to buy a new salem instead cause it was a good price, but never could get them and the bank to get the paper work right so I cancelled it. I noticed in the fine lines of the contract deposit is nonrefundable so I lost 200. 😞

Wow! I am really shocked, we just purchased our very first camper from them!! Prices were fantastic compared to every place we shopped. Service was nothing but the best. I'm sorry to hear this, I was hoping to be able to add them to my list of places to do business.

rompinroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rompinroo View Post
Wow! I am really shocked, we just purchased our very first camper from them!! Prices were fantastic compared to every place we shopped. Service was nothing but the best. I'm sorry to hear this, I was hoping to be able to add them to my list of places to do business.
Yea they got good prices that why we went, I looked for a backup just in case I didn't like the outback, the bank said Jean wasn't signing the contract as seller, and my copy wasn't either, so they wouldn't send em the money.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Yea they got good prices that why we went, I looked for a backup just in case I didn't like the outback, the bank said Jean wasn't signing the contract as seller, and my copy wasn't either, so they wouldn't send em the money.

That's awful! She was very thorough with us! In fact my hubby was getting tired of going through each paper - he just wanted to sign in one place and move on. We did run into an issue with the door not closing properly on the PDI - their repair guys stayed after closing to ensure the door was fixed properly and we could get on the road without it flying open. Very disappointed to hear your story.

rompinroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality