Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2021, 12:09 PM   #1

Rv One Des Moines Experience

Has anyone had experience with RV one, Des Moines? They gave me a decent quote on a TT that we have been pricing. They said they could deliver it at a RV One near me. I would have to do all the paperwork and payment through the Des Moines location but pick it up locally near me. A little nervous about that scenario. What has been your experiences doing that? Thanks for sharing
Felicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 01:32 PM   #2

Paying one place and picking it up at another seems you would loose all leverage should there problems. What distance are you from Des moines?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 01:50 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Has anyone had experience with RV one, Des Moines? They gave me a decent quote on a TT that we have been pricing. They said they could deliver it at a RV One near me. I would have to do all the paperwork and payment through the Des Moines location but pick it up locally near me. A little nervous about that scenario. What has been your experiences doing that? Thanks for sharing
RV One was originally known as RV Direct and started in New York. It was one of the two first big online RV dealers(along with RV Wholesalers)that basically changed the RV buying process. They have been around for many years. They changed their name to RV One a few years ago and expanded to multiple locations. They have been doing the Des Moines thing for years. We seriously considered buying from them, 16 years ago and driving from the West Coast to Des Moines to get it.
Do an internet search on RV Direct/RV One and you should get a lot of information. You're lucky that you have local RV One locations for warranty work.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 02:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Paying one place and picking it up at another seems you would loose all leverage should there problems. What distance are you from Des moines?
12 hrs but we have an RV One near us!
Felicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 04:48 PM   #5

Yes, I bought my Mercedes Solera from RV One/ RV Direct in Des Moine, Iowa in 2014. I had a very good experience with them and would buy from them again. I flew in from CA and drove it back home, well worth it since I saved nearly $40,000. I received an excellent PDI that was nearly three hours long. Lance was very patient with me as I was a total newby. We detected one minor flaw (toilet pressure) and they took care of it on the spot. After that there was only a couple of minor issues with the rv. The other people helping me there were very nice also. With the high inflation now I am amazed that the value of my Solera today is approximately $20,000. more than I paid for it 7- 1/2 years ago!
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
With the high inflation now I am amazed that the value of my Solera today is approximately $20,000. more than I paid for it 7- 1/2 years ago!

That sounds great until you factor in the cost of replacing it with a new one has also increased by the same amount or more, plus everything else from energy to a roll of toilet paper has increased in price also.
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 05:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
RV One was originally known as RV Direct and started in New York. It was one of the two first big online RV dealers(along with RV Wholesalers)that basically changed the RV buying process. They have been around for many years.

AKA as the Strollo family, currently operated by 3 brothers. Back in the day (1980's) in Albany NY when we lived there, the Strollo RV dealership was a piece of work. The only way to describe it is the local used car dealer where the guy wears a huge cowboy hat and advertises buy here pay here while spitting at the camera. Hopefully they have changed.
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote