Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2021, 02:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyk101 View Post
Well here's the interesting part. The letter from RVW that was included with the documents stated that they sent me a copy of BOS, copy of Ohio title, and copy (not original) of MCO. They stated that original title was sent to US Bank in Ohio and that my DMV would have to fax a request to US Bank to get a copy of the original title to process my stuff. I was also told I would have to send a copy of my BOS along with rest of paperwork to my DMV. The instructions on my WI DMV app never asked for the BOS, only the purchase price had to be listed. I could have put any price down on that I wanted. But the application also said I had to mail in an original title, not a copy, to process it. Now you have me wondering if RVW did me a solid and screwed up by sending me the original Ohio title instead of the copy they were supposed to. Did yours have a raised seal stamped into it along with a red ink stamp like this?
No, we had nothing like this received from RVW. They sent the title work directly to the US Bank, who "cashed it" into an electronic OHIO title. And this is when it gets complicated. The bank requires a FAX from your local DMV. Ours hasn't used FAX's since carrier pigeons were outlawed. Maybe yours doesn't either (?). So, the communication between the two are immediately broken. US Bank even refused Email instructions from our DMV, and their site is a dot gov site, secured. If you ever are lucky enough to get ahold of a live human being, at the bank, they will then tell you they have to send their E. title BACK TO OHIO requesting a paper title. THEN if/when they ever get back, you need to get your DMV to start the process all over again. The conversion to paper title takes about 6-8 weeks, per the US BANK.

Wishing you good luck.
NebraskaKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 03:54 PM   #22

I don't think I need any luck because I know that Wisconsin already issued a paper title. So I just have to wait for my plates now.. I just don't know why we would have received different paperwork. Here is a full version of the Memorandum title I received and apparently it was enough for Wisconsin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210427-155129_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Views:	1227
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	252985  
Old 04-27-2021, 04:00 PM   #23

And after a Title Search through Wisconsin DMV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210427-155750_Brave.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	252986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210427-160219_Brave.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	252988  
Old 04-29-2021, 07:53 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I honestly think that time frame is reasonable during the time of covid. It also may not be entirely the banks fault. It took 6 months for us to get the plate for my wife's new car bought in AZ due to the DMVs of NM and AZ not playing well together with the bank and due to covid related restrictions and closings. Several entities are involved behind the scenes.
I don’t know brah, here in MO my loan went through US Bank and I had the paperwork to get the title in two weeks. That was March of this year. Maybe a dealer slow on paperwork?
MO311fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:55 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO311fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I honestly think that time frame is reasonable during the time of covid. It also may not be entirely the banks fault. It took 6 months for us to get the plate for my wife's new car bought in AZ due to the DMVs of NM and AZ not playing well together with the bank and due to covid related restrictions and closings. Several entities are involved behind the scenes.

I don’t know brah, here in MO my loan went through US Bank and I had the paperwork to get the title in two weeks. That was March of this year. Maybe a dealer slow on paperwork?
Sorry, didn't make it past "brah" in whatever you posted....
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:00 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NebraskaKen View Post
I don't think you're really grasping what this thread is all about. What the dealer is "pushing" is a very large financing kick back, which makes a camper purchase attractive in this Covid time of price gauging by many dealers.

In our case, the financing kickback was in excess of $4,000. Did you get that from your own financing source? Probably not. So this dealer is offering a very nice carrot to purchase from them.

Are there pre-payment strings attached? Yes, of course. Did we read the fine print? Yes, of course.

But no one told us it would take 3-4 months to get our camper registered and plated either.

That's all I wanted to point out.
You do realize where that $4,000 comes from don't you? If not you will when you add up all the payments.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:05 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
You do realize where that $4,000 comes from don't you? If not you will when you add up all the payments.
Not if you pay it off in a year. You only have to agree to finance it through US Bank and then keep the financing for one year. There is no prepayment penalty.. That may equal a couple hundred but not $4000...
Old 04-29-2021, 10:55 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyk101 View Post
Not if you pay it off in a year. You only have to agree to finance it through US Bank and then keep the financing for one year. There is no prepayment penalty.. That may equal a couple hundred but not $4000...
Actually, there is a $75 prepayment penalty if paid off in less than 3(?) years but that's a small fraction of the $4K kickback.

We immediately paid off all but 1 year's worth of payments and paid those on schedule, with the $75 penalty when paid off in one year. We saved 1000s compared to offers from other dealers, and that includes the cost of my driving there and back.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 08:24 AM   #29

Here’s what I don’t get: the issue the OP is mad about is absolutely with the bank and DMV and not with RV Wholesalers, there nothing that’s stopping them from using and enjoying their unit while it gets sorted, and others have said, and experienced, issues with the DMV for many things in these COVID times but the OP doesn’t agree that should be an issue.

Plus they signed paperwork describing all the kickbacks, etc. that go along with financing through RVW and US Bank.

Where’s the issue with RVW?
Past:
2001 Starcraft Spaceliner PU
1987 Starcraft Nova PU
Miweber929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 08:58 AM   #30

Quote:
OK.... let me condense 8 paragraphs into one brief complaint: If you opt to have RVW finance your out of state purchase through US BANK - it's going to take about 90 days (on average) for you to get registered and plated. In the mean time, the bank will want your payments on time.

Better?
You are 100% correct. We went through this same ordeal with RVW and US Bank. The hold up isn't so much the bank as it is the state of Ohio. That is why the 30 day tags have been extend out for up to 6 months. That state is way behind on tags and title transfers. The silly part about US Bank is they are telling the DMV from different states to send them a request for the title . Guess what? North Carolina doesn't send out any request at all. We made a request up and sent that in to them. They took it and that worked for us. We did use our local DMV's fax machine to send it in. US Bank mailed it directly to our local DMV and they called us when it came in. Our DMV was very nice and helpful to us. We picked the camper up February 4th and just got it titled and tagged in NC last week. RVW should be telling people this when they buy from them. Heck we were going to pay cash for our unit but they knocked off another 4 grand to use US Bank. Yes save money using the black whole bank. After a year will pay the whole thing off and be done with them.

RVW, should tell folks ,US Bank when called should explain to people, but can't due to big black whole. state of Ohio is to blame for the delay, buyer must know, not just , buyer beware.
RVW is not a bad dealership at all to work with. We e-mailed David Durnell and he contacted the bank rep he knows who helped get to the bottom of things for us.

Years camping 50+,
Days camping in 2021, 120 and counting.
Rolling Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:12 PM   #31
RVWholesalers Representative

I wish the banks were quicker, they have most people working from home and it appears they are not working. This has never been an issue until a few months after covid started. The banks and I mean all the banks we deal with are having terrible delays and it is putting customers in terrible situations. There is not a day we are not in contact with them.teying to remedy titles for our customers. Until they bring their staff back in house it does not appear it will improve. Again, not just one bank. No better in or out of state. As for the finance discount, the bank pays rv dealers when we bring them loans. We give the money to our customers. It is also true that if you pay it off in less than a year they want that money back. We make sure every customer knows this to avoid giving it back. I apologize for the banks incredible ineptness, wish we could do more. As always, thanks for letting me post here. David
Old 05-03-2021, 10:42 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurnell View Post
As always, thanks for letting me post here. David
David

Thanks for speaking up and helping folks understand the situation.
I have bought two units form RVW now and it was a good experience both times. You do your best to take care of your customers. I enjoy the live RV shows you put on, very informative and fun to watch.

Years camping 50+,
Days camping in 2021, 120 and counting.
Rolling Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:13 PM   #33

I wanted to finance through my credit Union and ran into what you describe. I couldn’t even get them to give me a cash price. I ended up at WanaRV in Shipshewana IN. NO Pressure to finance. In fact they won’t even talk about financing until you have agreed on a price,then they will help with financing if you wish. They discount about 30% if I recall off list. We have had great customer service.
TeacherLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:55 PM   #34

Quote:

The very bad is that if you are out of state (not residing in Ohio) your title work will be sent to US Bank, electronically. From there, the title work will fall into a US Bank black hole of bureaucratic invisibility which the bank laughingly calls customer service. Just try to get your camper registered and titled in your state of residence, after the US Bank routinely puts an electronic lien on it (registered in the state of Ohio), and that is when the "fun" begins.

Your temporary paper plate, will run out LONG BEFORE the bank's bureaucracy effectively communicates with your DMV's bureaucracy. Months in our case. US BANK offers real customer service in name only. On each call you'll get a different rep, from a different state, who will pass you off to another rep, none of whom know the concept of ownership or follow up. Try to get back to the same individual who might have been helpful? Good luck. The reps don't give out their phone numbers or contact information. Their contact info is SECRET. You'll start the process over and over again.
I just did registration at a California DMV with the Ohio certified letter. After dealing with the normal "what are you doing" 10 minutes of DMV employee discussion, we got to registration. After explaining I wanted nothing to change with the title, I just wanted plates with a tag, the DMV rep typed away on their keyboard and got the plate with tags... oh wait I did have to pay that CA State tax above the amount that was already paid on the purchase.

I had overall good experience with RV Wholesalers, but understand the frustrations posted. I also paid to have it shipped rather than spending 10 days driving during crazy @#$% Covid restrictions.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:51 PM   #35

Yep, we are from Colorado and it took us 6 months to get our plates. Finally finding out we had to send a letter to finance company requsting they send paperwork to our local DMV. 🤦*♀️🤦*♀️🤦*♀️🤦*♀️ we do love our camper, but it only got worst from there on warrenties. Yes it was all on paper, but will never ever do it again. Especially from that dealer 🤦*♀️🤦*♀️🤦*♀️🤦*♀️ feel your pain for sure
Lauraholton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:17 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraholton View Post
Yep, we are from Colorado and it took us 6 months to get our plates. Finally finding out we had to send a letter to finance company requsting they send paperwork to our local DMV. [emoji1751]*[emoji3601][emoji1751]*[emoji3601][emoji1751]*[emoji3601][emoji1751]*[emoji3601] we do love our camper, but it only got worst from there on warrenties. Yes it was all on paper, but will never ever do it again. Especially from that dealer [emoji1751]*[emoji3601][emoji1751]*[emoji3601][emoji1751]*[emoji3601][emoji1751]*[emoji3601] feel your pain for sure
I thought you bought from Jeff Couch's dealership, not RVW?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 11:33 AM   #37

I did buy from Jeff Couch in Ohio. We had the same problem with our plates.
Lauraholton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:15 PM   #38
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraholton View Post
I did buy from Jeff Couch in Ohio. We had the same problem with our plates.
Since this thread is a dealer review of RV Wholesalers, you didn't clarify when you said "especially from that dealer".
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:47 PM   #39

Not sure why everyone is having all these troubles. I too financed through U.S. Bank to get the discount. I don't live in Ohio so it was an out of state purchase as well. I downloaded the Wisconsin title and registration app and completed it. I sent the paperwork that RV Wholesale sent me and mailed it all in with payment for all the fees and taxes by USPS to Wisconsin DMV. I never stepped foot into a DMV facility nor did I contact U.S. Bank for anything. My Wisconsin title has already been issued and sent to U.S. Bank as they are the lienholder and my license plate came via USPS last week. So less than 2 months to pick up my trailer and have it properly titled and registered. I guess I should consider myself lucky.
Old 03-09-2022, 01:35 PM   #40

I realize this is an old thread. It came up in a google search for "RV prepayment penalty" and "Ohio". I am on month 6 of waiting for mine to be built. I bought at RV Wholesalers and live out of state. Been a while since I bought a new vehicle. Does this mean all these people with temporary tag extensions got to wait to pay sales tax? Isn't that when you pay taxes, when you go to register? And if so, doesn't this conflict with the states requirement you pay sales tax within 30 days for an out of state purchase?
rkan is offline   Reply With Quote