Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2018, 05:03 PM   #1

RvOne + Des Moines Pickup

Bought Forest River Sunseeker 2400W from RVOne via online with pick up at Des Moines location.
Deal wise .. it was best price hands-down.
Purchase process was simple. Sales rep was good, appeared to be genuine without any run-around.
Motorhome was custom ordered, and delivery was promised to be between 8 and 12 weeks.
It was delivered on-time.
I was then turned over to finance team to help with a loan. Their rate was better than what I could find on my own.
(there are not a lot of banks that handle RV Loans directly to consumers)
I was approved and loan secured within couple of days.
Finance rep pushed hard for extra warranty, but I dont hold it against them.. its how they make money. A simple "no, thank you" once or twice was enough to get the point across.
They went as far as to state that Saturday pickup and walkthrough can only be scheduled for customers who purchase warranty,
but I guess I was "fortunate" and they were able to accommodate with Saturday.

On the day of pickup. All paperwork was in order, we signed it quickly, but not without one last attempt to make a "special" deal for me to purchase warranty. ( again, I was reminded that finance rep did me a favor and would get in trouble if I didn't purchase warranty) but it wasn't her day, and no warranty was purchased.

Pickup and walkthrough process was fairly quick. I did my due diligence and learned as much as I could prior to walk through, so there wasn't much knew for me to learn.
Our motor home did have some minor issues.. cosmetic stuff really, but still annoying. A scratch here, a gap there.
But overall, we got lucky, and everything worked.

But this is a risk with an online purchase and custom order, it makes it difficult to walk away from after you travel far to pick it up and committed with a signed loan. Essentially the moment loan is signed, that motor home is mine, and they are just storing it for me until I get there.

One second day of trip home (back to California), we realized, that exterior TV door lock did not work.
Contacted service immediately and asked for replacement lock. Should be easy, and I would replace it myself.
that was on 7/3/2017 .. back and forth between service reps and me, and on 8/24/2017 they conceded and asked that I call local locksmith to fix the lock. So I realized, that I would never get a replacement lock from them, took the lock to local locksmith to get it fixed and their service dept reimbursed me few weeks later.

Overall my rating as follows:

Sales - 5 ( no run-around, clear pricing, willing to work and negotiate )
Finance - 4 ( pushy but bearable, they got my loan handled and its all I really needed )
Service - 2 ( useless (although nice on email ))

Overall - 3.5 ( Because of positive sales experience, I would deal with them again. )
slavka is offline   Reply With Quote